News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Lodging for RenDezvous 2010- Scarborough Faire, Waxahachie, TX

Started by Blue66669, September 16, 2009, 08:46:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Laird Fraser of Lovatt

By the time i even manage to look around the room, i'll have a few in me and it won't matter... as long as the bed bugs don't try to walk off with my wallet and the cockroaches don't mind leftovers... ;D
Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh
Alba gu brath
Laird of Dunans Castle
Warrior Poet/Loki God

Blue66669

The Super 8 in Waxahachie is pretty good. It's clean, and there's ice and breakfast in the morning. Gooood stuff. I may, however, sneak next door to the Days Inn for their waffle bar LOLOL!
Blaidd Drwg

iain robb

Well, that's good. And you'll have enough of us around to certainly feel safe.

Last time I stayed at a Super 8 was also for a Renfest that I shall not name, for the conditions at the motel are no reflection on the Faire. But on that occasion, I was extremely glad I had blades with me, and very happy to get out of there without having to use them. I probably should never have checked in. All the nearby strip clubs should have been a hint that this was not the best neighborhood. But it was one of those prepaid deals and sometimes I can be too cheap for my own good.

OK, enough hijacking the thread ...

Laird Fraser of Lovatt

Quote from: iain robb on March 11, 2010, 06:59:22 AM

Last time I stayed at a Super 8 was also for a Renfest that I shall not name, for the conditions at the motel are no reflection on the Faire. But on that occasion, I was extremely glad I had blades with me, and very happy to get out of there without having to use them. I probably should never have checked in. All the nearby strip clubs should have been a hint that this was not the best neighborhood. But it was one of those prepaid deals and sometimes I can be too cheap for my own good.

*A good Scot never calls himself "cheap"... try "thrifty".  Cheap just sounds so... hmmmm... ugly*  :D
Alba gu brath
Laird of Dunans Castle
Warrior Poet/Loki God

Merlin

Quote from: Fraser of Lovatt on March 11, 2010, 07:12:02 AM

*A good Scot never calls himself "cheap"... try "thrifty".  Cheap just sounds so... hmmmm... ugly*  :D

The term is "frugal"
Anál nathrach- Breath of serpent
Orth' bháis 's bethad- Spell of death and of life
Do chél dénmha- Thy omen of making

Blue66669

HAHA, no, the term is cheap. Sorry lol! But sometimes we make mistakes in choosing our home away from home. I know I've stayed in some questionable places, but mostly because someone else picked and he was a cheap weed puller. Oh man, that place was disgusting....
Blaidd Drwg

Laird Fraser of Lovatt

Quote from: Merlin on March 11, 2010, 07:32:38 AM
Quote from: Fraser of Lovatt on March 11, 2010, 07:12:02 AM

*A good Scot never calls himself "cheap"... try "thrifty".  Cheap just sounds so... hmmmm... ugly*  :D

The term is "frugal"

Frugal... thrifty... cheap... penny pinching *****... The Scottish have been called all of them.  How do you think Scotch Tape got it's name?  Lol.  
Alba gu brath
Laird of Dunans Castle
Warrior Poet/Loki God

Laird Fraser of Lovatt

Quote from: blue66669 on March 11, 2010, 08:45:01 AM
HAHA, no, the term is cheap. Sorry lol! But sometimes we make mistakes in choosing our home away from home. I know I've stayed in some questionable places, but mostly because someone else picked and he was a cheap weed puller. Oh man, that place was disgusting....

I've stayed in a couple of those, Blue... there was this hostel, in Germany, where the fleas counted cadence, as they marched toward the beds and they had war games with the bed bugs all night long.  Couldn't get a lick of sleep.   :D
Alba gu brath
Laird of Dunans Castle
Warrior Poet/Loki God

LadyStitch

It looks like the Pink Pirate and I are planning to be camping at the Super 8. We will call in the reservation this afternoon. 

In HS a group of us when on a weekend trip with a friend of our's parents.  The parents were being cheap, and went to some really ratty place.  That way in their mind all of the High schooler's could afford to pay for their own room.   When we pulled up to our door we saw a guy come out, belch uninate over the railing , then hollar out some rather vulgar things atthe woman in his room.   The Highschoolers decided that we would just all pool our  money and share a room  at the neighboring howard Johnson's.  Needless to say I'd rather pay a little more for a clean, and safe, then just plain cheap.  /shutters at memory

Can't wait to see everyone.  ;D
It is kind of strange watching your personal history become costume.

LadyStitch

::doing happy dance:: 

We are booked for Friday and Saturday night with the clan.  Heh, it will be great to see everybody.  Sadly we will have to miss out on the Saturday night fun because of a comittment we booked months ago, BUT i have a feeling the party will still be going on when we get back from that :)
It is kind of strange watching your personal history become costume.

Blue66669

Blaidd Drwg

Blue66669

Ok, we have a total of 2 non smoking single rooms left, and 6-8 smoking rooms left. If you are in need of a room, please contact the Super 8!!!
Blaidd Drwg

eldatari

Blue66669

I just released the last of our rooms for the weekend. If you are in need of a room, you can either call them to see what's left, or go hunting out in the cold world for a place to stay LOL!
Blaidd Drwg

eldatari

Just out of curiosity, how many rooms are we occupying?