News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Your 2009 Photo Guide to TRF Rennies!

Started by Blue66669, September 16, 2009, 06:04:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mouse

*cue song* Christmas balls, Christmas balls, I've got great big Christmas balls *hold up ornaments*  It's  real song, I promise.
Wee, sleekit, cow'rin, tim'rous beastie

"MOUSE,n. "Animalistic man-child which strews it's path with fainting woman"....less so these days :)

Rani Zemirah

Wow... see what happens when I don't read this thread for a few days?!?  You people turn violent and start singing about... well, just never mind!  Tsk... 

Oh, hey!  I can post my pic here now, can't I?  Ummm, if I can find one from TRF, anyway... 
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

bellevivre

Mouse- regimental is the correct term, as the joke started when highland regiments werent issued underwear- they wore only what was part of thier 'regimental' uniform.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Belle the Kat

Clan Procrastination's Ambassador to the Seelie & UnSeelie Courts

Rani Zemirah

Quote from: bellevivre on November 17, 2009, 09:36:03 AM
Mouse- regimental is the correct term, as the joke started when highland regiments werent issued underwear- they wore only what was part of thier 'regimental' uniform.

I'm thinkin' there must have been a bit o' lanolin involved in the anti-chafing efforts, and perhaps that's where some of the sheep jokes came in?!?  :D
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

bellevivre

OOOOHhhh Rani- while I'm sure there are many alternate uses for lanolin, the Scotsman's fondness for sheep is ancient. (although, they're not the only ones! Apparently, Henry II had a soft spot for the wooly ones as well..)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Belle the Kat

Clan Procrastination's Ambassador to the Seelie & UnSeelie Courts

Rani Zemirah

Seems as though quite a few "Royals" have had soft spots... just in general (or at least in cranial... :P )  And at least his didn't kill him, unlike Catherine the "Great"'s equine obsession...  :o   heheh
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

Mouse

Who knew that I would come in today, get a vocabulary lesson AND a history lesson all in one go...Who says rennies aren't edutainment. Adult edutainment :)

"MOUSE,n. "Animalistic man-child which strews it's path with fainting woman"....less so these days :)

Rani Zemirah

Happy to oblige...  :P

Has Google been your friend today, Mouse?!?  :o  ;)  (snerk)
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

Mouse

Quote from: Rani Zemirah on November 17, 2009, 04:10:13 PM
Happy to oblige...  :P

Has Google been your friend today, Mouse?!?  :o  ;)  (snerk)

Only when it comes to talking with Mistress Mouse online. She is such a bevy of odd quotes from lyrics, british comedies, television shows, movies, and Iron Chef *the good ol' japanese original*, I have to Google most of what she says. As for on here..well, we mostly speak the same language, just on different levels. Outside of looking up personality disorders for Fraser and references most of what Breandan says, nah. Me and Googles are more like each other's dirty little secret. We enjoy each other's company, but I wouldn't ever introduce Google to my friends.

Laird Fraser of Lovatt

Personality disorders?!?  I only have one and all the voices in my head agree on it, dangnubbit!

;D

*rotten little rodent  :P *
Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh
Alba gu brath
Laird of Dunans Castle
Warrior Poet/Loki God

Rani Zemirah

Wish they would all get together and agree on that response you promised me... :P

I'm beginning to wonder if it will be forthcoming at all...  ::)
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

Mouse

Quote from: Fraser of Lovatt on November 17, 2009, 05:26:51 PM
Personality disorders?!?  I only have one and all the voices in my head agree on it, dangnubbit!

;D

*rotten little rodent  :P *

Do they have Facebook accounts? Otherwise, that would reek of abnormality.

Mouse

So...it is 9 days before I am to amass me and my ilk at faire. I hate anything before 7 days when I am counting down to something. It's like watching water boil. Alright clanners. I aim to find you lot when I come down Friday night. I wish to know where and which I am welcome in. I know most of you at least well enough to know you open up your camps to people who don't act like shites and that is okay..I only play one on tv. But, I double check on all things, heck, even things I sometimes am sure I know. So, sound off on a who and where...I plan on throwing a few of my friends to the wolves, as it were. By that I mean, bringing them with so they can meet the people I talk about too much....because it's not like I don't start off a few of my conversations with them on a day to day basis with, "On the R/F forum today...," and then usually throw something in there about Fraser that may or may not be true.

Laird Fraser of Lovatt

Quote from: Mouse on November 18, 2009, 04:32:17 AM
So...it is 9 days before I am to amass me and my ilk at faire. I hate anything before 7 days when I am counting down to something. It's like watching water boil. Alright clanners. I aim to find you lot when I come down Friday night. I wish to know where and which I am welcome in. I know most of you at least well enough to know you open up your camps to people who don't act like shites and that is okay..I only play one on tv. But, I double check on all things, heck, even things I sometimes am sure I know. So, sound off on a who and where...I plan on throwing a few of my friends to the wolves, as it were. By that I mean, bringing them with so they can meet the people I talk about too much....because it's not like I don't start off a few of my conversations with them on a day to day basis with, "On the R/F forum today...," and then usually throw something in there about Fraser that may or may not be true.

Mouse... *sigh*  Come by McLotofus camp, Saturday night... row 8, right up front... you can't miss it.  *look for the place lit up like a football stadium*  We'll toss down a few beers.  You won't see me until after 8pm but i'll be there.
Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh
Alba gu brath
Laird of Dunans Castle
Warrior Poet/Loki God

Blue66669

HAHAHAHA Mouse, when you come to McLot, just ask for me. I'll make sure that you get the appropriate amount of crap thrown at you before you eat our food and drink our beer LOL! Of course, you're always more than welcome where we are, darling, as are all of RF!
Blaidd Drwg