News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Why I like stitched eyelets!

Started by Kate XXXXXX, October 07, 2009, 03:02:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alisoun

I have to thank you, Kate. 

I stopped reading your journal as soon as I saw the Simflex gauge, ordered one for myself, and went back to reading.  It is going to be one of my favorite tools, and I can't believe that I haven't seen one before today.

The eyelets are beautiful!
"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does." --William James

LadyShadow

Beautiful eyelets.  I think I need to start saving up some money.
May the stars always shine upon you and yours.

Royal Order of Landsharks Guppy # 98 :)

Kate XXXXXX

Quote from: Alisoun on October 07, 2009, 06:00:55 AM
I have to thank you, Kate. 

I stopped reading your journal as soon as I saw the Simflex gauge, ordered one for myself, and went back to reading.  It is going to be one of my favorite tools, and I can't believe that I haven't seen one before today.

The eyelets are beautiful!

Oh that gauge is a treasure!   ;D

And thank you.

Kate XXXXXX

Quote from: LadyShadow on October 07, 2009, 07:29:27 AM
Beautiful eyelets.  I think I need to start saving up some money.

You can get eyelet plates for Husqvarna and Pfaff machines as well as this Bernina kit, but the Bernina one is the most comprehensive.  Unfortunately they are all dedicated to their own brand of machine, because of the way you fix them to the machine bed.  This screws in place, and the Pfaff and H8sqvarna ones clip into holes...

The ability to take an eyelet plate and make this sort of eyelet is a big consideration for me.  Mind you, my friend Beverly found a nifty solution using her digitizing stuff and her embroidery machine: http://www.kodakgallery.com/ShareLanding.action?c=jwqxlbn.wmgc2in&x=0&y=-k5zr8&localeid=en_US

While the eyelet kit is expensive (about £95 here in the UK), it does come out at less than an embroidery machine, digitizing software, and a computer!   ;D ;D

LadyShadow

I need to save up just to get the machine so that I can get the eyelet plate.

That is some lovely work on both links that you had posted.
May the stars always shine upon you and yours.

Royal Order of Landsharks Guppy # 98 :)

Taffy Saltwater

I saw Why I like stitched eyeLIDS!  Gave me quite a start.
Sveethot!

ArielCallista

I personally love using metal eyelets but that simflex gauge is genius! I might have to get myself one...
Things are shaping up to be...
Pretty. Odd.

gem

Kate, fabulous tutorial!

The Simplicity corset actually came with a pattern piece that has dots marked for perfectly-spaced eyelets, specifically marked for each different size.  I've been keeping *very* careful track of that little slip of paper, because I may well want to use it again!