News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Northern California Renaissance Faire 2009

Started by RVNOMAD, October 09, 2009, 07:05:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RVNOMAD

Greetings!

My PBase Gallery from the Northern California Renaissance Faire last weekend (Oct 3-4th):

http://www.pbase.com/rvnomad/rencasa

Enjoy...

Dan

valt

Excellent shots RVNOMAD!  Thanks for sharing.

RVNOMAD

Thank YOU Valt. 

It was indeed a pleasure having so many wonderful subjects to photograph.

dbaldock

I flew out to California last Thursday (1-Oct-09) to drive around with my parents (they're spending ~2 months touring out west, visiting friends and relatives).  After they picked me up in San Jose, we went right by Casa de Fruta Thursday afternoon on our way to Yosemite Valley and the Mariposa Grove of Giant Sequoias.  If I had been on my own, I would have come back to the Ren Faire to take pictures on Sunday.  But my folks had already made arrangement for accommodations and to visit relatives during the weekend.  It was certainly beautiful weather during the week I was out in California!

Take Care,
David Baldock
Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people... -anonymous

RVNOMAD

Hi Dave!

Wow, that's quite a coincidence-- sorry you weren't able to attend the Renfaire.  Yes indeed, the weather was perfect for Renfaire that weekend.  The weekend before though I'm told was close to 100 degrees. You picked a good time to visit California. 

That whole Casa de Fruta complex is pretty amazing and a fun place to stop especially if you happen to have kids. 

All the best,
Dan

lady M

RVNOMAD

Xanthenes The Unbalanced

(This space for rent)

RVNOMAD

Thanks for taking the time to check them out, Xanthenes. 

Xanthenes The Unbalanced

Quote from: RVNOMAD on October 11, 2009, 07:28:58 PM
Thanks for taking the time to check them out, Xanthenes. 

The pleasure was all mine.  My only disappointment at this year's Michigan Renaissance Festival is that I didn't devote more time to shooting portraits.
(This space for rent)

Joyce "Delfinia DuSwallow" Howard

MDRF Dandy  "Delfinia DuSwallow"
Sun'n Penny - Clan O'Morda
LandShark #71
Maker of Buttery Nipples

RVNOMAD

NorthBayDreamer

Casa De Fruita, CA. We were there the 2nd weekend for Pirate Invasion. We had 6 in our party this time

The rest of the gallery (55 total):

http://northbaydreamer.smugmug.com/Renaissance-Faire/2009-09-20-Nor-Cal-Ren-faire/9913337_Tpryd
Lord Lisle (when a Nobel)
Horndog (when a Pirate)
Master Thomas Boddinham (when a middle)
Landshark No. 67

Carl Heinz

Thanks for the pictures.  Hope to see you there next year.  Given the heat of the third weekend, there's been some discussion of our going fourth and fifth weekends next year.

Off the pick up the reshod scooter later today.

Please let me know if you're able to make Southern.  We usually have access to discount tickets for friends and family.  Also, there've been to be twofer coupons good for the first two weekends.  Don't know if this'll hold true for 2010, but we can hope.
Carl Heinz
Guild of St Cuthbert

Mandrake Von Sets

Thanks for sharing.  My wife & I weren't able to go this year.  Being in Casa, I bet having the shade made for a more comforting experience.
Wil

Mandrake Von Sets

Very nice shots, Dan.  Thanks for sharing.
Wil

RVNOMAD

You're welcome, Wil.  Thanks for your comment.

Mandrake Von Sets

...and I forgot to mention that I'm jealous you have a L-lens.
Wil

RVNOMAD

Yeah Wil,  the L-glass really does bump up the quality of our shots a notch or two.  Hang in there and make your move when the time's right.  You won't regret it.