News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Black Phoenix Alchemy Labs Sniff & Swap at Sherwood Campgrounds

Started by bellevivre, October 16, 2009, 12:26:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bellevivre

Would anyone be interested? There isnt a snif and swap group in Austin that meets regularly, and I thought the camp would not only be a great venue for it, but it might also bring in some newbies.

Thoughts?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Belle the Kat

Clan Procrastination's Ambassador to the Seelie & UnSeelie Courts

Blue66669

Blaidd Drwg

bellevivre

Belle the Kat

bellevivre

From what i understand, you bring the imps you have, everyone else brings theirs, and you perhaps swap with other people if you have something they want, and vice versa...
Belle the Kat

Blue66669

Blaidd Drwg

bellevivre

Blue! www.blackphoenixalchemylab.com !

go and buy!!!

(I'm an enabler- you WILL become addicted, i warn you!)
Belle the Kat

ThreeAcreRanch Soaps

I would be interested in this!  I'll see if some others would be too.  How many people would you want to be there, at a minimum?  And could we bring other perfumes than BPA?

Blue66669

I don't even know where to START!!!!!

I like the sound of the Carnivale Diabolique, but I'm thinking I may keep it simple with the Sin & Salvation group...
Blaidd Drwg

bellevivre

I'm completely keen on other types of smelly goods! and i really just wanted to see what type of interest there would be- I'm new to this and I know I want to meet like-minded noses!

Blue- the Carnival isnt available as Imps (samples) unfortunately- I honestly have gone through and made lists of what sounds good to me... and, that's kinda what the swap is all about- sometimes things SOUND really great, and then you realise you cant actually wear it (Arcana is one of those on me- just turns TOO sweet!) so you can then share with someone else who might have the same issue with a scent that you CAN wear!

What ive seen reccomended is to get one from a few different 'classes'... one described as citrusy, one woody, one musky, one spicy, etc- that way you can kinda establish a base of what you do and dont like...

mmmm... today i smell of Nephilim (Sin & Salvation) and i LURVES it!!!
Belle the Kat

ThreeAcreRanch Soaps

Do we have a possible date?  What about the Dec. 12 Gathering?  I am going to be there then.  Or would this be something seperate and just use the grounds?  I have never done one of these so  I'm not real sure how they work.

And we are to bring only the imps (sample sizes)? 

Could I bring along a few of my own perfumes?

bellevivre

I was thinking it best to do this sometime in-season, maybe later in March- all scents are welcome! Probably out in the campgrounds somewhere... At this point, I'm just looking to drum up interest- though I will be happy to bring my stash to the Dec 12 party!
Belle the Kat

Sonata

I'm very interested, but even as inexpensive as they are I can't afford to order imps 'blind', i.e. without knowing if I'll be able to use it or not. Can I come to the swap and just sniff, pretty please?  :)
Humans need fantasy to be human, to be the place where the fallen angel meets the rising ape. Terry Pratchett

bellevivre

oF COURSE!  And that's kinda what the cards are for, too, so people can get an idea of what smells they might like to order.
Belle the Kat

ThreeAcreRanch Soaps

I'll be vending during the faire so not sure I could do it then, but if you set a date I can bring my samples and keep them at the booth for people who are interested is sniffing or swapping.