News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Can't Wait Until March!

Started by Craigmeister, November 15, 2009, 10:54:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dracconia

http://www.fourwindsfaire.com/

Here is the link. Guest cast is a no, as far as I am aware and you would have to be more specific about the roaming vendors.

Any questions you have just email Dustin, he is great about working with folks.
PR ~Faire Daughter~
Shake-N-Bake

Rani Zemirah

I did visit the website, and it looks like there might be several types of opportunity there for some sort of participation, so I'll look into it and see if it's something I might be able to manage at that time of year.  With my renlet being in school then, though, it might be a bit of a stretch to get there on Friday evenings in time to prepare for the weekend.  Looks like a nice Faire, and I'm definitely interested!  I would have to skip the first weekend of April, though, since that's my home Faire weekend, and I perform there. 
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

Craigmeister

If your home faire is Norman, it looks like it's been moved up a week to the end of March this year.  Just wanted you to know in case you need to get a performer's application in soon.  That caught me by surprise a couple of weeks ago.

The 5 hour drive to Tyler from the Tulsa area was well worth it last spring.  It went by really fast & the reward far outweighed the expense.
Providing faire information for over 10 years (updated monthly).  Visit www.meistersrealm.com to find all the Renaissance & Celtic-type Festivals in North America.  There's much more to see and do in 'The Realm' as well.

Rani Zemirah

Oh wow, I received my vendors/performers app (we're considered educational/not for profit, so all they really need is the name of who's in charge, and how much space we require) a couple of weeks ago, but hadn't taken a look at the website in quite a while, so thanks for the update!!! 

I would definitely like to at least visit Four Winds, and will have to see if I can find a way to afford it this spring!  It sounds like far too much fun to pass up!!!  :)
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

Dracconia

Quote from: Craigmeister on November 23, 2009, 11:39:02 PM
If your home faire is Norman, it looks like it's been moved up a week to the end of March this year.  Just wanted you to know in case you need to get a performer's application in soon.  That caught me by surprise a couple of weeks ago.

The 5 hour drive to Tyler from the Tulsa area was well worth it last spring.  It went by really fast & the reward far outweighed the expense.

I am deeply honored that our faire could give you a smile! I hope to do so again!

PR ~Faire Daughter~
Shake-N-Bake

Sigundo

I'll be doing training in Oklahoma City late March/early Apr, so will have the chance to hit the Norman Fair and planning to come down to the Four Winds in April (my first time down to either, missed the season last year by about 2 days), I think its on the 3rd and 4th, have to check. What are the temperatures like down there in April? I handle cold pretty well, its heat that gets me, but I wouldn't think even Texas gets too hot in April, but I've been wrong before! ::)
I clicked "change profile" but it still looks as bad as it did before! Please fix!

Craigmeister

I think that early April is a good time to go to both faires.  I went to Norman this year on the first Saturday of April.  It was in the 80's by the afternoon before a cold front came through.  The next day it was pretty chilly.  I've been to Scarborough Faire just south of Dallas in late April & it was neither too hot nor too cold.  When I went to 4 Winds on the last day of February, it was windy & pretty cold.  It was a lot nicer the next day.  I think that all of Oklahoma & lots of north Texas can have wild changes in the weather in a short amount of time though.
Providing faire information for over 10 years (updated monthly).  Visit www.meistersrealm.com to find all the Renaissance & Celtic-type Festivals in North America.  There's much more to see and do in 'The Realm' as well.

eloquentXI

I know I am certainly looking forward to coming back to Four Winds, as I was only able to make it for Opening Saturday last season. I will definitely more prepared as I froze my arse that Saturday.  :P

I hope to be bringing many of my crew and friends with this season when we make it out, hopefully will be more than once this season but with weddings at Sherwood, a trip to the Bay Area Ren Faire in Tampa, and Scarby, hosting the Rendezvous, all of this back to back to back, not sure how much I will be able to make it out! But I will be there, at least once!  :)
Still Meggers, just a little more grown up now. :)