News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Gardeners come hither....

Started by Baron Doune, May 26, 2008, 04:06:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CaraGreenleaf

No blossoms that I've seen, but all of my research has led to quince or kumquat, so I think you may be right, Merlin! Many thanks!!
Castleteer, IWG# 3606, MERC# 836, PRIV# 1311
Flog'n M'Crack, Chieftess of O'Cinneide

Corseter, Costumer and Crochete

Merlin the Elder

If it's bearing fruit, which it appears to be doing, I don't know of anything that has fruit that doesn't start from a blossom.  We had japonica in the yard when I was growing up. At it's largest, before my dad chopped it down (and it came back), it was probably 7 ft tall, and maybe had a diameter of 6-8 feet. When it blossomed in the Spring, it was pretty spectacular.  The fruit on the mature specimen were between 2-3 inches diameter, as I recall, and could be used as weapons if you had a good arm and aim! That was a lot of years ago.
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

CaraGreenleaf

The plant itself is buried in a yew bush...and has actually been killing it. I only just noticed it about a week ago, so it may have bloomed and i just didn't see. the fruit cluster has about 7 fruits on it right now. My husband actually said he tried to kill it last year, but obviously failed, so who knows how long its actually been there.
Castleteer, IWG# 3606, MERC# 836, PRIV# 1311
Flog'n M'Crack, Chieftess of O'Cinneide

Corseter, Costumer and Crochete

Merlin the Elder

Hehe! They are rather hard to kill! Pappy cut it off flush with the ground, and it just made it come back bigger!
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...