To my friends about the R/F forum

Home Forums R/F.com Updates To my friends about the R/F forum

This topic contains 52 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Tom Tom 9 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Tom
    Tom
    Keymaster

As much as I hate change (trust me I REALLY hate change) if the old forums can't be salvaged just think of all the fun we'll have starting them all over again! :-* on the cheek of everyone involved in trying to maintain a place for us to call home.

Profile photo of Tom
    Tom
    Keymaster

Well, it looks like this is where all the popular people hang out. Thought I would join in on the fun!

Profile photo of Tom
    Tom
    Keymaster

Well, it looks like this is where all the popular people hang out. Thought I would join in on the fun!

...we were waiting for you; just where have you been?

Profile photo of Tom
    Tom
    Keymaster

Sorry lass … nice to be missed! I guess I was just waiting to see if the ole house could be saved. I am onboard now!

Profile photo of Tom
    Tom
    Keymaster

And it is certainly about time. Hey, Darlin'. We missed you.

Profile photo of Tom
    Tom
    Keymaster

Thanks, Serena and Tom, for providing the lifeboat. Without it we surely would all drown in our withdrawal! John, thanks for all your hard work and dedication to this place. We all love it, and we're glad we can still be here even if it looks a little different!

Profile photo of Tom
    Tom
    Keymaster

Thank you all for your encouragement and offers to assist.As DB mentioned I've been trying to migrate the old posts to a new forum.The conversion from snitz to vBulletin isn't going well.Our vandal keeps making things tough. During his last visit the conversion terminated and the new forum quit working.Attempted to start with a new install of the forum. That failed.Reinstalled PHP.The MySql reinstall failed.Fortunately we have the lifeboat and the mods.

Profile photo of Tom
    Tom
    Keymaster

If the posts of old are to be committed to the ether, then let the legends begin…scaldic tales, as worthy of songs and fellowship.Let us not look back, but begin anew...fresh starts are good.the Spirit of RenHi, John!!! 8)

Profile photo of Tom
    Tom
    Keymaster

Agreed, my old comrade. The smallest candle overcomes the largest darkness.So, lets kick the tires, and light the fires...OMG, I'm quoting "Captain Ron"...all is well with the world.

Profile photo of Tom
    Tom
    Keymaster

The Squirrel Lord is in da house!! ...and agreed. We still *had* all those wonderful times and memories. Nobody can ever take that away from us.

Profile photo of Tom
    Tom
    Keymaster

Just a note, it works for a little while, at least for me, ….. is that enough disclaimers?If you can remember any part of what you're looking for, do a Google search. You may have to tell it to do the search again without omitting the duplicates. When the results come up, look through the titles for the RF post you are trying to find, then click the link for the "Cached" page. Sometimes it works and you'll be able to see/copy what you were searching for. If there's more on another page in the thread, you'll be out of luck unless that page showed up in the search results too.Hope it will help someone. Good luck!Example: I was looking for something about our handfasting in Tennessee last year. I did a google search for Esc Leinad handfasting and it turned up the pages.

Profile photo of Tom
    Tom
    Keymaster

Thanks Esc. I have tried that, but for me at least poking about in the rubble has yeilded no results. I wonder if I'm being too specific. Mayhaps just my name would bring more?

Profile photo of Tom
    Tom
    Keymaster

If the posts of old are to be committed to the ether, then let the legends begin...scaldic tales, as worthy of songs and fellowship.Let us not look back, but begin anew...fresh starts are good.the Spirit of RenHi, John!!! 8)

HERE HEAR AND HUZZAH!!

Profile photo of Tom
    Tom
    Keymaster

For those trying the search, as I said, sometimes it works, sometimes not. I think there may have been some forums/threads that didn't get indexed by Google. I know there have been some things I've searched for that I can't find and others that tell me there's a cached page but returns an error when you click on it (my profile page being one of those).

Profile photo of Tom
    Tom
    Keymaster

I take off for a week to move and look what happens. But on the plus side we're still here.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 35 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Shortcuts & Links

Search

Latest Posts

Skip to toolbar