News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Did anybody see The Lost Boys?

Started by will paisley, November 20, 2009, 01:04:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

will paisley

I got an email from the Lost Boys mailing list recently, and String was talking about the Lost Boys' "return to CRF last month". WTF,O?!?! I did some searching in the online forums on the Lost Boys site, and find out they were there on Halloween weekend!  Did anybody here see them? Did anybody here even know they were there?  One thing that annoys/depresses me about CRF is how they fail to advertize their guest acts.  I have seen both the Pyrates Royale and the Lost Boys at CRF, and both times they weren't on the schedule, because they were only there for one weekend.  Finding their schedules became a faire-wide scavenger hunt.

Any sightings? Any reviews? Any pictures?
Minstrel, Interrupted, Bard #400 (CD)
Faire Name: "Flo's Husband"
Yeoman-Purser of the Frigate Up Royally

Lord Cartwright

They were there, saw them twice, pinked up a few CDs and some beads. They had them in the Royal Pavilion so no microphones this year, mad it a little hard to hear them.

Pharmar Greybeard & Maria

It would be nice to have a schedule for the acts that are only there for 1 weekend.

We did catch the lost boys and we took a few pictures

Malkavian

previous years I believe they have posted a list of the single weekend guests, but that link never made it up this year that I saw.

Tammy

I saw them walking around...had no clue they were an act.  :-[
Royal Protector of Raccoons, Mistress of the Poi, Best Friend of Windland/Nim, Guppy, Seamstress for The Feisty Lady.

Lord Cartwright

A lot of things seemed a little off this year, Drum Jam running on top of Pub Sing, not listing the single week end acts...

will paisley

Quote from: Pharmar Joe & Maria on November 22, 2009, 08:58:17 PM
It would be nice to have a schedule for the acts that are only there for 1 weekend.

Don't even get me started.  The Lost Boys and the Pyrates Royale are two of the most talented, most popular big name musical acts on the ren circuit, and CRF puts them on a small stage hidden under a tent with no mics without telling anybody they are there.  What makes even less sense is that these acts aren't cheap, and the faire basically pays their fee and then sticks them over in a corner.

Lord Cartwright

From what I've been told, if we have "suggestions" this is the guy to let know.  matt@royalfaires.com    ;)

Malkavian

Yep, matt would be the one.

I think what puzzled me the most is the location they chose for the "featured" artist. Patrons don't seem to gravitate to that part of the grounds, so except for those who knew what's coming it seems like it's suboptimal in terms of attracting passersby. 

It seems like I remember last year the featured artist got to do at least one show down on, uh (damn my memory) the stage Ded Bob/London Broil usually use, that seemed to draw a nice healthy crowd.

Lord Cartwright

Yeah, the midday show was always there, I have friends that preform at the Minstrels Roost samething, stage of death

will paisley

Quote from: Malkavian on December 03, 2009, 06:02:33 AM
Yep, matt would be the one.

I think what puzzled me the most is the location they chose for the "featured" artist. Patrons don't seem to gravitate to that part of the grounds, so except for those who knew what's coming it seems like it's suboptimal in terms of attracting passersby. 

It seems like I remember last year the featured artist got to do at least one show down on, uh (damn my memory) the stage Ded Bob/London Broil usually use, that seemed to draw a nice healthy crowd.

Ah yes, the Casa Fortuna stage (or the Tuna Casserole stage, as it is sometimes called).  At least there traveling acts would get a few minutes of new exposure to the North Carolina danes as they stood in the back, waiting to get seats for one of the well-drawing regular acts (London Broil, Ded Bob, etc.).  Even at the Minstrel's Roost, people would walk by and ask "Who is that?".  The Royal Pavilion is up near the front of the faire, and all but first-time-ever visitors immediately rush past it in order to "get into" the faire.  The only advantage the stage has for a performer is that, because it is always available (by virtue of being an unwanted stage), they don't have to traipse all over faire to get to their next stage. 

Malkavian

I'd call being covered a virtue (The early setting afternoon/evening sun out there killed me this year) but not one to counterbalance the location or lack of sound system.

I've been going to CRF for four years and about the weekend the Lost Boys were there it FINALLY dawned on me "hey stuff goes on up here, I should hang out and see what"