News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Waxahachie's 2nd Annual Victorian Christmas Ball (not Ren)

Started by VIII, November 23, 2009, 03:06:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VIII

You are cordially invited to attend Waxahachie's Second Annual Victorian Christmas Ball!!!

When: Saturday December 12th, 2009
Time:  7PM to 12 Midnight
Cost:  $20.00 per person, payable in cash at the door.
Graciously sponsored by The Waxahachie Parks & Recreations Officer John Smith

The hall is located on the second floor above a currently empty store.  The entrance to The Loft is on Main Street directly across from the Rogers Hotel. Parking is free on Main Street.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=101 S College Street+Waxahachie,+Texas+75156

Activities:  Candle light Singing Stroll.  The Stroll starts at the College Street Pub 7PM, just one block away from the entrance to the ball. We'll gather at 6:45PM, do the stroll and peel off at the entrance to the ball.  Victorian Parlor Games. Dancing! Waltzes, Polkas, Minuets, English Country Dancing Renaissance Dances and more, all easily taught to one and all by professional dance instructors.

This is the 2nd year for this event and to keep the cost minimal it's BYOBeverage (and your cooler) and POT LUCK.  A variety of finger foods and light cuisine is expected.  A kitchenette is available to use.

Suggested Attire: Dress to Impress!!!!   Wear your Dancing Shoes!!
Gentlemen:  Tops Hats, Tails, Gloves, Bow ties/Cravats or Tuxedos, suits or your nicest holiday clothes.
Ladies: Floor length Victorian Ball Gowns, Gloves, Fans or contemporary ball gowns or your nicest holiday clothes.
Tips for dressing can be found at this link: http://www.vintagevictorian.com/Fashion.html

NO ONE WILL BE TURNED AWAY IF YOU DON'T HAVE ANY OF THE ABOVE ATTIRE
THE MOST IMPORTANT THING IS YOUR COMPANY

Please RSVP via email no later than: Sunday November 29, 2009.  Please include number and names of guests.  If you would like to contribute to the potluck tell us what you're bringing.
The goal is to offer a variety of light cuisine and finger foods.
EMAIL RSVP's to: Archduchess@Peoplepc.com

For Further information, please contact Susan Von Rudolph 972-386-0890
Archduchess@Peoplepc.com
Former King Henry VIII
Renaissance Magazine Issue #66 Cover Boy

bellevivre

OY! I would sooo love to go- but this is also the same evening as the Sherwood Forest Faire chapel dedication and Rennie Bazaar...

take pix?

Now what'd be great if someone else could buy the Rogers, fix whatever the issue is that's causing it to be condemned, and host the ball THERE! I miss that hotel... and it's friendly elevator ghost...

please someone who attends post pics? this sounds like it'd be a blast- hopefully it happens next year cause I'll definitely be there!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Belle the Kat

Clan Procrastination's Ambassador to the Seelie & UnSeelie Courts

VIII

Yes, we are aware of the Sherwood Forest conflict, but don't know anything about the "Rennie Bazaar"
The Rogers is being refurbished and open on a limited basis.
Former King Henry VIII

Rani Zemirah

Oh... I sooooo wish I could get to this!!!  Not that I Victorian formal wear, but I'm sure I could improvise something...  Turning green with envy up here...  :'(

Have a wonderful time!!!
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

Lady Rebecca

That sounds so cool! Too bad I'm four hours away... Nothing like that ever seems to happen wherever I am!

SirRichardBear

Had a great time last year dress in formal highland attire.   Candy has all ready requested the night off so we can attend. 
Beware of him that is slow to anger: He is angry for something, and will not be pleased for nothing.
Benjamin Franklin

VIII

Please note that the Sunday November 29, 2009 deadline for RSVP does not mean you can not come.  Susan says we will be accepting walk-ins.  She just wanted to get an early count of the people coming.

Keep those RSVP's coming!
Former King Henry VIII

squiregaby

this little squire is so there!  I'll be bringing along my partner in crime and our male escourt.  There's a possibility of another squire or two making an appearance!
Squire Gaby
Squire to the Knights of the most Noble Cause

joan of arc

It was a really good event. We had good company, good music and lots of fun. The venue had a great view of the Courthouse. Later in the evening the fog and mist moved in, making downtown look very Victorian.  People put a lot of thought and love into this (and into what they were wearing). Too bad I had other obligations last year, but for the next I will keep the Saturday of the ball free.

I kept having flashbacks to "Firefly" (for the Firefly fans). Kept expecting Kaylee to walk in the ruffled dress  ;D So, if you are a Browncoat, you should come next year. I had exchanged a multitude of Firefly quotes...

I got home late and saw a dream that was a bizarre combination of Scarborough, Victorian ball and Firefly.

Next year I am bringing more friends. 8)

P.S. Once I collect pictures on Facebook, I will post some here.
There's no place I can be
Since I found Serenity
But you can't take the sky from me...

angusmacinnes

Good to hear you had a great time. Cant wait to see the pics.
There are many places where compromise is expected;
LOYALTY is not amongst them.

SirRichardBear

Aye we had a grand time of it.  More than twice the number attended this year than last and I be hoping that next year we double again.   Need more highlanders only three of us in kilts this year but that was one more than last year. 
Beware of him that is slow to anger: He is angry for something, and will not be pleased for nothing.
Benjamin Franklin

joan of arc

next year there will be one more....

Quote from: SirRichardBear on December 13, 2009, 11:49:08 PM
Aye we had a grand time of it.  More than twice the number attended this year than last and I be hoping that next year we double again.   Need more highlanders only three of us in kilts this year but that was one more than last year. 
Since I found Serenity

joan of arc

I am slow on getting pictures out (got a cold from hell :'().  Here are a few:

Ronald The Bald (designated driver and all around good guy)

?????????? ?? ??????.??????

Yours truly on the right...

A very respectable gentleman and a good friend:

And here I made a new friend, who belongs to the same WWII re-enactment group, but we never met in person until this ball:

Since I found Serenity

Stalkwell

And a few meager frames of the ball from the persona of 'John Morrogh' (look him up  ;D)

Stalk well....
Enthralled with the Faeriebox...

joan of arc

John Morrogh as in Titanic photographer?  8)

It was a cool camera set-up, dude. If I was not so slow, I would take a picture of that.
Since I found Serenity

SirRichardBear

If anyone got a picture of candace and me own self I'd be much obliged my didn't come out
Benjamin Franklin

eloquentXI

The wifey told me about your camera set up!
Did anyone get any photos of the set up of you and your 'camera', Dana?  :)
Still Meggers, just a little more grown up now. :)

Stalkwell

Actually, Clay did at Dickens On the Strand in Galveston a few years back...

BTW, the galleries are finally going up on both of our sites...

http://www.stalkwell.com/gallery

http://www.faeriebox.com/gallery

It will be a bit slow going up for a while, but all of our Rensites stuff is going up, as well as our pick of over 3000 wallpapers from each of us.  If you look, I have some Dickens on the Strand stuff up already.

Stalk well...

Tipsy Gypsy

You two look gorgeous, but what else is new? :) Are the Dickens photos from this year?
"It's just water, officer, I swear. And yeast. And a little honey. How the alcohol got in, I have no idea!"

Stalkwell

Nope... the ones on the website are from a few years back.  The ones in the post on the previous page are from the ball this year at Waxahachie.  Eventually I will have both Waxie and Galveston on the site.

Stalk well...