News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Snow, in Houston??

Started by Zardoz, December 04, 2009, 01:20:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LadyShadow

Down here in Bacliff it started showing snow flakes at about 2:45.  But not much and didnt last more than 30 mins.  Hopefully more will come.
May the stars always shine upon you and yours.

Royal Order of Landsharks Guppy # 98 :)

brier patch charlie

Charles Coleman

Shandi

my horse playing in the snow
"Chase the Morning" "Yield for Nothing!"

THELADYKAT

My sister woke me up this morning telling me it was snowing, so I got up looked and then went back to sleep a few hours later she came back home and yelled again hey get up it is really snowing you have to see this. I got up and we went and played in the snow I hope it comes back.
The Lady Kat.

Love with all your Heart, not just part of it.

The Rogue Gambit

hopefully it snows again at christmas time.
Gambit, Whiskey boy, Kilt boy, and many others......

dbaldock

A couple of shots taken from the door of my apartment near NASA-JSC on 4-Dec-09 at 10:06 AM.

(Click on image to see the full size 4288x2848 pixel shot.)

(Click on image to see the full size 4288x2848 pixel shot.)

Take Care,
David Baldock
Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people... -anonymous

Taffy Saltwater

Everyone be careful out there.  It's pretty frozen out there - I had to carry the dog up the stairs as he panicked about half way up. 
Sveethot!

tiberiusflynn

Quote from: Taffy Saltwater on December 04, 2009, 11:42:44 PM
Everyone be careful out there.  It's pretty frozen out there - I had to carry the dog up the stairs as he panicked about half way up. 

LOL, too true, southern texans don't know how to drive in snow and ice!!! I'm up in Huntsville and my poor dog has no clue what to do with snow, he's so confused.

Rani Zemirah

Heck, I'm pretty sure most of 'em don't even know how to walk on the stuff!!!  I mean, who would even have snow boots down there?!?  :o
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

Rapier Half-Wit

It's not snow. It doesn't snow in Houston. It's probably radioactive fall-out.
If her eyes aren't sparkling, you didn't do it right...

tiberiusflynn

Quote from: Rapier Half-Wit on December 05, 2009, 06:11:16 AM
Might have to agree with you there......after all it IS Houston.....

MacLaren

Quote from: Rapier Half-Wit on December 05, 2009, 06:11:16 AM

You're exactly right. It's radioactive particles of oil by-products pumped deliberately into the air by the evil oil companies!!! Big Al said so.

The ducks and geese looked at me funny this morning trying to get a drink of water. Seems their baths got mighty hard overnight. And it's official. I have a duck that thinks it's Jesus! I wish I'd had the camera when I walked out this morning. Little black duck slipping around on what should have been a morning bath!! Too funny!
Dan
Clan McLotofus
Captain, HMS Landshark
ROoL #78, guppy
FOKTOP

LadyShadow

Quote from: Rani Zemirah on December 05, 2009, 04:01:41 AM
Heck, I'm pretty sure most of 'em don't even know how to walk on the stuff!!!  I mean, who would even have snow boots down there?!?  :o

What theres a thing called snow boots?  Where was I when this memo when out?  ;D
May the stars always shine upon you and yours.

Royal Order of Landsharks Guppy # 98 :)

Rani Zemirah

Quote from: LadyShadow on December 05, 2009, 03:24:54 PM
Quote from: Rani Zemirah on December 05, 2009, 04:01:41 AM

What theres a thing called snow boots?  Where was I when this memo when out?  ;D

They also have these things called, get this... coats!  It's something you wear when the temperature drops low enough for it to... SNOW!!! 

Oh... and we may need to wait until you've absorbed that before we start on the (gasp)... snow tires!!!
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

KiltedPrivateer

<--- Making plans to move further south.

Snow = Demon Vomit

I can't believe it actually stuck AND lasted until the next morning.  Thank God its all gone now.  Bring on the sunshine and warmth.
Member of Clan Procrastination
Crew of the Procrastinator
Lover of Lady Kitara