Faire Garb > Garbing

Boot and shoe resources for men

<< < (2/9) > >>

TKM:
Hey, good idea, fletcher. I might take the sites that are exclusively boots off my garb resource list and let you just list them here.

for example, this one http://www.medievalmoccasins.com/

Just Randall:
Well, that's kinda why I did it, so that anyone, especially the newbies, could look in just one place instead of 5-10 different threads.

Big thanks to Trillium for making this a sticky.

Craigmeister:
I'm looking for the piece that I can slide down over the top of shoes that has laces to make it look like I'm wearing boots.  It's made out of leather or at least it looks like it is.  I don't know exactly what to call it or where to find it.  Can anyone help me w/ this?

Squire Mickey:

--- Quote from: Craigmeister on December 18, 2009, 03:21:48 PM ---I'm looking for the piece that I can slide down over the top of shoes that has laces to make it look like I'm wearing boots.  It's made out of leather or at least it looks like it is.  I don't know exactly what to call it or where to find it.  Can anyone help me w/ this?

--- End quote ---

I think what you are trying to describe are gaiters. They are similar to spats as well. They can lace up or buckle up either in the front of the back.

I have made them both ways. Usually I use buckskin as it is supple but tough. As a rule, I like to use buckles or buttons on the side, but the last ones I did laced up the back for our ranger garb. Like these?:

Craigmeister:
That's what I'm looking for.  The word "spats" came to me last night.  I've seen some that look like they have shoelaces on them but I don't know where to buy any.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version