Faire Garb > Garbing

Boot and shoe resources for women

<< < (2/6) > >>

Elennare:
Well, there's no link, but I very strongly recommend the local thrift store.  True, it's a very hit-or-miss source, but when it hits, you can't beat the prices!  :)

Manwariel:
I suggest looking at places like Ross and Marshall's. They usually have a good selection of women's boots for good prices. I got an originally-$70 pair of boots at Ross yesterday for $20.

Merlin:
I'm more of a "make your own" kinda person but I don't make shoes.
What we do instead is go to Thrift Stores or Goodwill and find comfortable boots of some sort and then go to Michaels and get fur, leather, twine...stuff like that and a glue gun and go to town.
I made my daughters boots for last year for 6$ and they looked great!
This year...she bought a pair at Ross for $20 and we don't have to do much to them.

Me? I wear Jesus sandals as Merlin and Doc Martin 16 eye with the kilt.

Lady Renee Buchanan:
I just bought the most wonderful, comfortable shoes at BARF this weekend from Heart & Sole.  They were a pair of unisex ghillies.  The price was $58, which is way cheaper than the $70 my husband paid for his at Bristol last summer.  They have women's shoes, men's shoes, and gorgeous boots.

They don't have a website yet, but one of the partners is Lady Nicolette, a member of this forum.  If you renmail her, she can let you know what faires they will be at and also more info about the styles of their shoes and boots.

Keith, the other partner, spends a lot of time with you to make sure you get a correct and comfortable fit.  I have the worst feet in the world, hammer toes, bunions, planter fasciatis, inflamed tendons and usually wear orthotics and limp.  I put these shoes on, walked out of the shop, and wore them for 2 days straight at faire.

You can't beat the prices and excellent customer service.

Also posted in the men's section.

Lady Nicolette:
We're so happy you enjoy your shoes, Renee!  Keith is actually also a forum member although he works so hard making shoes he's not in here frequently...His forum name is willin here and he is a moderator of a couple of areas hereabouts...

We will now be known at most faires as Dream Shoes and will have a website up soon.

Also posted in the men's shoes section. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version