News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Stones or Beatles?

Started by Welsh Wench, December 12, 2009, 06:58:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Welsh Wench

Which do you prefer?

I gotta go with the Stones.

No one moves like Mick.  ;)
Show me your tan lines..and I'll show you mine!

I just want to be Layla.....

Captain Jack Wolfe

The Stones for outright gritty, sexy music.  The Beatles for texture and imagery, especially later in their run.
"I'm not sure about people anymore. They're responsible for some pretty nutty stuff. Individuals I'm crazy about, though." ~ Opus

NoBill Lurker

So what are you doing this weekend?
I'm going to BARF!!!
You're going to...wait...WHAT???

Seamus Ex Machina

Stones.    They define rock star status; hell, they practically created it.....I don't recall Paul McCartney being mentioned as a possible guest on POTC.
Legendary Hellraiser

Lady Renee Buchanan

Beatles.  Nobody else for me.

When we lived in England, I made Steve take me to Abbey Road, St. John's Wood, the Apple Studio, anywhere in London that had a tie-in to the Beatles.

And my British husband is a chef, as many of you know, and he also cooked for the Beatles.  They loved his food.
A real Surf Diva
Landshark who loves water
Chieftesse Surf'n Penny of Clan O'Siodhachain,
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 
Member since the beginning of RF
All will be well. St. Julian of Norwich

Tipsy Gypsy

"It's just water, officer, I swear. And yeast. And a little honey. How the alcohol got in, I have no idea!"

Joyce "Delfinia DuSwallow" Howard

I love the Stones but its the Beatles for me. ::)
MDRF Dandy  "Delfinia DuSwallow"
Sun'n Penny - Clan O'Morda
LandShark #71
Maker of Buttery Nipples

chainshot

The Beatles!  Without question.

Lady Nicolette

The Beatles for me, especially once Brian Jones died.  I never got to see The Beatles, though, and I've seen the Rolling Stones four times, from the early 70's into the early 90's.  We're friends with the guy who arranged all of the horns for them (and Joe Cocker), and also knew The Beatles, Jim Price.  He had great stories to tell about all of the British lads.  Come to think of it, Joe Cocker opened for the Stones one of the times I saw them, and Rufus (with Chaka Khan) one time and Stevie Wonder twice.  Good concert-going days, those were.  And I can't say I know any Beatles songs on the harp, but I did learn how to play "Lady Jane."
"Into every rain a little life must fall." ~ Tom Rapp~Pearls Before Swine

Taffy Saltwater

Stones all the way.  Saw them at the MGM Grand in Vegas three years ago.  Mick had flown to England the previous day to be with his ailing father, flew back the day of the concert, only to have his father pass away the same day.  Mick came out, gave the performance of a lifetime, and never said a word.  Professional, all the way.  And of course I still think Keith is still a sexy beast.
There were very few dry eyes amongst the feminine set when he sang this:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=suvkxjhfXuc

EDITED:  Also got to see Paul McCartney on the Ellen Show - what a charmer!  I still have the CD & book of his they gave as goodbye gifts:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRsPscOGY6Q
Sveethot!

Welsh Wench

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rx07A9LWBJA

Who else can wear a pink satin suit and make it look sexy?
Show me your tan lines..and I'll show you mine!

I just want to be Layla.....

Taffy Saltwater

Sveethot!

renfairephotog

Twenty seasons of covering renaissance  festivals. Photos/calendar/blog.
Fairy photographer

Hoowil

Beatles, most definitely. I personally never understood why the Stones got so big. Their music never really seemed to inspire much resonse from me.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and taste good with catsup.

wildthingjew

who are the stones?

beatles. i love them yeah yeah yeah!!!!
jamie, mother of miss katie scarlett