News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Presidents day weekend?

Started by Comte de Gilbert, December 26, 2009, 05:36:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Comte de Gilbert

it will be most welcome to meet you all!!
Those that live by the sword, lose to those that live by the gun

Duchess Marguerite

Baron & Sir Gauwyn....
You are both most kind in your expressions of excitement over our decision to partake in the merriment of Arizonashire (sorry Apache Junctionshire just doesn't sound right).  What does one call the lovely shire in Arizona anyhow?  Snow falls again today, the sun has hidden its glorious face and we have only 16 days of anticipation left till we shall meet again.  HUZZAH!!

Gauwyn of Bracknell

We have had snow and ice on the ground for a couple months.  Today's high barely made double digits.  We cannot wait either, both to see everyone and second to see what warmth is like  :P
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Kruzar

It looks like we will be making the trip over from Southern California to the Faire for the Valentine's weekend.  I am so looking forward to it...

We made the same trip last year and had an absolute wonderful time.  This will make 3 years in a row that we have been able to visit. 

Gentleman Rogue

Marcos Charron

Oh Boy!

I can taste the crossiant and cheese right now!

Come on Sat!

M
At the faire or in the wood shop, that's where I am!

Norfolk

It is now just after noon and 19 degrees at Richthofen Manor, and I have just finished clearing 4" of new snow off the driveway.  Forecast for Fairhaven for this coming weekend is partly cloudy, high 60's to mid-70's.  To say that the Baroness and I are looking forward to being there this weekend would be something of an understatement!
Just call me "Your Grace"

Marcos Charron

Quote from: Baron on February 08, 2010, 01:14:53 PM
It is now just after noon and 19 degrees at Richthofen Manor, and I have just finished clearing 4" of new snow off the driveway.  Forecast for Fairhaven for this coming weekend is partly cloudy, high 60's to mid-70's.  To say that the Baroness and I are looking forward to being there this weekend would be something of an understatement!

BRRRRRR!!

Makes me glad we are here!

Marcos

Gauwyn of Bracknell

You should give the frozen tundra a shot were we are - we too, are looking forward to some warmth and lack of snow (we are currently due for 8-10" tonight again, but at least the temps are in the 20's)
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Comte de Gilbert

grew up in the Detroit area, can only say "thanks...um no" It's tough shoveling the sunshine all winter long...sure we pay for it by driving convection ovens all summer long, but I prefer it that way
Those that live by the sword, lose to those that live by the gun

Marcos Charron

Quote from: Comte de Gilbert on February 09, 2010, 04:19:25 PM
grew up in the Detroit area, can only say "thanks...um no" It's tough shoveling the sunshine all winter long...sure we pay for it by driving convection ovens all summer long, but I prefer it that way

+1 my cousin, +1

Marcos

Lord Figaro

Well as I expected, Brandi and I of course will not be able to make it for Presidents day weekend. She says probably later in the event. Perhaps it would make for a nice birthday present? I'm keeping my fingers, toes and all I can crossed that something doesn't ruin our chances of going this year. If so, I will become severely vexed to say the least. If we do make it though, I am hoping to bring the head event planner from our local ren fest we had and show her what a REAL ren fest is all about.  I ask you to hope and pray with me that we make it and this doesn't end up as yet another false promise.
Those who do not remember their past are condemned to repeat their mistakes.

George Santayana

Kruzar

I just wanted to post after having a great day at the faire on Saturday.  We ended up having my parents and our grand-daughter with us for the faire.  Had a great time, but was unable to much of meeting and greeting outside of the several performers and vendors that we have known for years.  Our troop had a wonderful time, and the little one had an absolute blast and she is now totally in love with the fair at the tender age of 2.  She actually did not want to leave and put up a little protest as we left for the day.  The whole trip over from San Diego, she talked constantly about meeting the fairies... and having Twig right at the enterance just made the trip for her.

We will definetly have this on our calendar for next year, and I can't wait till our faires start up here in California.  :)
Gentleman Rogue