News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

I'm putting together a Community Renaissance Faire. Can anyone help please?

Started by ++King of the Pirates++, December 29, 2009, 07:54:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

++King of the Pirates++

Okay. So we had our first community Renaissance Faire at the library last year and it was held inside.
The other day I was walking by the creek that runs along the property. The creek bends and goes up the side of the library and in that bend there are several trees that form a circle. I was looking around at this patch of land thinking how beautiful it would be in the springtime when the grass is greening up and the flowers are blooming and the trees are leafing out. My father told me "If you truly love this, if putting on this faire is your passion, then nurture and make it grow, move it outdoors and get the whole community involved". So that is what I'm doing. This patch of land is grassy, with many trees and the creek. It would be lovely for the event. Were having it the first weekend in April.

Here are some events we have planned so far:

-Masquerade mask making
-Fairy crown making
-Face Painting
-Make-a-wish inside the "faery ring".
-Maypole dancing
-Contest
-Shakespeare skits(?)
-Renaissance Jewelry Making(?)
-Music - Harp Player(?)
-Etc.

So what do you guys think so far? Ideas and suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks,

Garrett P. aka Jack Avery, Captain of the Sea Angel
"When the people fear their government there is tyranny, when the government fears its people-there is liberty"

Celtic_Fae

How big are you thinking? That's the major question. From there, we can really delve into helping you further.

The main thing is to consider your working budget versus your actual budget (i.e. the money that you actually have to work with). Try to keep them as balanced as possible (hard, I know).  :)

++King of the Pirates++

Quote from: Kathryn (Fae) Weldon on December 29, 2009, 08:31:43 PM
How big are you thinking? That's the major question. From there, we can really delve into helping you further.

The main thing is to consider your working budget versus your actual budget (i.e. the money that you actually have to work with). Try to keep them as balanced as possible (hard, I know).  :)

Cheers,
Kris Sabbatino
Flagler-Palm Coast Renaissance Festival, Co-Producer

I don't want it to have a permanent site and be big just yet. That is for later when I'm older and have a better paying job. It is taking place on a acre and a half of land. It is just a community thing for now. That's the size.
"When the people fear their government there is tyranny, when the government fears its people-there is liberty"

Betty Munro

++King of the Pirates++