News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

the clock is ticking

Started by rengypsy, December 29, 2009, 08:00:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rengypsy

the gates will be flying open soon to our new faire, Sherwood, nestled in the woods of Nottinghamshire (aka Bastrop County). 

many of the vendor booths are under construction.

the parking lot install begins in less two weeks.

electrical installation should begin within a week, along with waterlines around the grounds.

rye grass is growing on the grounds.

paint is being splashed here and there.

i saw merlin on the green wood stage yesterday.

pyro is planning an extraordinary fireworks display for us all each evening at close.

the jousters are stretching their muscles.

the jugglers are bobbling this and that above their heads.

the camp ground road is complete and now clans are clearing campgrounds.

the palmist has his gypsy wagon on site and ready to examine folks' souls from the lines and curves in one's hands.

gypsies are all about (watch your pockets)

an herbalist was preparing a garden beside her booth

a druid was moving stealthily between the stone obelisks of the seven sisters.

potters were steadying their wheels

and many a strange character were meandering in and out of tree trunks during the recent mornings just as the sun rose.

oh yes, there is much preparations afoot by robin, little john, maid marian, friar tuck and others for the festivities before us soon.

i was also privy to some very exciting news from the brewers of ale--mighty tasty batches of all kinds of frothy beer is being carried in from all corners of england (and some even from the tiny isle to the west of us--dark and curative, they say).

one last piece of gossip i have heard: robin is offering a handsome reward to any who are able to bring fifty folk through the gates--a season pass into the faire!  my o my, he is wanting the woods full of fun loving folk for these six weekends.  and he promises all will have the protection of his merry men while in these woods.

so, tell one, tell all...

it's all about the journey and the people we choose to make the journey with

angusmacinnes

wonderful news lad.  Keep up the good fight.  ;D
There are many places where compromise is expected;
LOYALTY is not amongst them.

Merlin

Anál nathrach- Breath of serpent
Orth' bháis 's bethad- Spell of death and of life
Do chél dénmha- Thy omen of making

Queen Bonnie

Huzzah! The excitement builds! How can we wait!???!
Wingardium Leviosa!
Tis not the length of the staff- but the magick there in!