News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Twig 2010

Started by Goody, January 03, 2010, 07:25:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

saphire_glade

I would love to, but didn't get to see the email about the meeting. Maybe because they didn't accept my contract last year *small fight over somethign small*. Do you have a date for the other meeting so I can share them with the rest of my group. We are down in the twin cities area, so try to make it up to them can be difficult especially when we don't hear about them.

Thanks

Jewel the Water Faerie
Bubbles are pure magic... if you don't believe me watch any man, woman, or child chase a bubble down the road.

seamus

The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do.
-Pirates of the Caribbean

Goody

Quote from: saphire_glade on January 17, 2010, 09:04:45 PM
I would love to, but didn't get to see the email about the meeting. Maybe because they didn't accept my contract last year *small fight over somethign small*. Do you have a date for the other meeting so I can share them with the rest of my group. We are down in the twin cities area, so try to make it up to them can be difficult especially when we don't hear about them.

Thanks

Jewel the Water Faerie

As soon as it's set in stone Ill let u know otherwise I just make it a habit to check the website frequently!

SleepyArcher

Jenn thinks she heard Twig is only one day this year is that true?
Knight, FOP, Pirate, Woodsman...I am a man of many faces.

Goody

It is two days: June 12 & 13.    owrenfaire.com

What she may have heard is that it is  only ONE WEEKEND, where they were talking of possible having 2.

saphire_glade

Just to let everyone know. There is apparently another meeting on May 1st. Apparently if you didn't work there last year you have to audition and this will be 1 of 2 audition times. The other is at the open meeting in Twig the following week.

To bad I can't make either one of those, so I probably won't be working there... I still think that even if you miss 1 year of the festival you shouldn't have to audition to get your spot back... oh well, their loss...
Bubbles are pure magic... if you don't believe me watch any man, woman, or child chase a bubble down the road.

Goody

I thought the reason for the audition was that too many had applied last year, but what do I know?

Goody

I had an absolutely lovely chat with the owners of Olde World today. Plans are coming along swimmingly! While they do regret having to make choices about the lineup at faire they are very excited about the new things that are being added this year. The theme is "Robin Hood," portrayed by Pat Franz. You can visit his website for more info.   www.patfranz.com
This is sure to add to the family-friendly fun!!

Also, the website has been updated so take a gander over at www.owrenfaire.com!

DeadBishop

Wow, a $3.00 discount for going in garb?  They REALLY want people to dress up, don't they? :)

R/F.com member since 2003

Goody

Public Meeting this Saturday 1-4p

Applications must be received to get full benefits

saphire_glade

Goody:Just so everyone knows that meeting is up at the school in Twig and is not a cities meeting right?

*some of my other friends want to make sure they aren't missing one down here*

lady serena

It is at the Twig town hall off of hwy 53, not the school.
Guppy # 81
Fins up

Goody

Just saw this now but I did go to the school and figured it wasn't there when I saw no cars!!

SleepyArcher

I would like to go to TWIG but for only one day. Is there anyone going up for a day that I could hitch with?
Knight, FOP, Pirate, Woodsman...I am a man of many faces.

DeadBishop

We'll be up there both days!  I was asked by the owners to be an official photographer for OWRF this year, so I'm a volunteer this year (but I still get to wander and do my thing, how cool is that?)

R/F.com member since 2003