News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Christmas Garb

Started by ladylissame, December 06, 2009, 09:48:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ladylissame

So I was wondering.....do you have a garb set specifically for the christmas season?
I am planning one for me and my husband and I got curious as to what others have done.

This year I am wearing an emerald over-dye silver squirrel skirt with red overskirt, green chemise and red/gold corset.

Betty Munro

I do not, but I wish I did ... mostly because I wish I had a faire to go to during the holiday season!

ladylissame

We just went and saw Santa. But my crew is looking into maybe trying to do hospital visits during the holiday season next year (H1N1 made it too difficult this year)

dragongirl

It depends on what we are doing.  But for most of our holiday parades we are Christmas Pirates and I wear my green irsh overdress with my red ruffled shirt and my red tri-corn hat.  For our Pyrate Christmas ball I'm wearing my blue and glod velvet court gown from Majestic Velvets with my grey Tall Toad hat. 
Lady Hermina Dolores De Pagan
Captain of the Tres Flores
Sailing with Ye Pyrate Brotherhood

gem

Oh, my gosh--I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to see pictures, if any of you have some!!  I am just getting ready to put together a set (H/A in shape, but in modern Christmas colors), and haven't been able to find anything similar that people have done.

(We don't have any events we could wear this to, either, but I've given up needing to actually *wear* my garb.  :-\)

DragonWing

Dragon rider and mage,
(aka Vince)

Var Greyshadow

We put the faire garb away after TRF and jump into Dickens on the Strand the following week, so if we garb during Christmas, it's Victorian.

Your outfit sounds lovely, ladylisssame!
"All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost..." ~J.R.R. Tolkien "The Fellowship of the Ring"

Anna Iram

I'm with Gem! I'd love to see pics of your Christmas/Dickens garb.

I wish we had a Dickens event...or *any* garbed Christmas event here. Victorian would be so fun though.

Squire Mickey

Fer the lads out there....

Mickey Flint, Esquire
First Mate, The Harbinger
Landshark #107
IFRP #1473
Clan M'Crack P.E.T.
Captain, Ithilean Ran

Adriana Rose

My mum informed me that she thinks its a great idea to make some renaissace styled christams garb.
" I think it would be pretty" she said!

SO I started thinking. Have any of you guys seen White Christmas? The gowns that the female leads wear in the last seen would be a great thing to base it off of. All one would have to do is turn the over skirts to be more in line with an over skirt. Of course there would have to be fur ( faux of course, because the real would be astronomical to do)

Butch

Well, not garb actually, but I do wear a "mad bomber" style hat in the winter.  Red with white trim.  Mad Santa Bomber, perhaps?

Gwen aka Punstergal

This is a shot of the top half of my "Christmas" garb. Paul snagged it a few years back:

What you CAN'T see in the photo: I have a green underskirt and an overskirt/scarfy-wrap that's made out of a recycled tree-skirt. There are christmas bells on leather thongs that I wrap into my boot laces. I also have hair flowers that are poinsettia and holly clusters, which I make and sell, by the way. This year I made a TON of Christmas-y hair flowers and hair sticks to take out to the Sherwood gathering- too bad the weather was so ugly :(  I may bring them out to Sherwood this spring though, if anyone wants to pick some up for future use :)
"Hell hath no fury like an enraged Gryphon Master"

ladylissame

Ooh. Pretty. I am thinking I will sketch an idea up and post it here

dragongirl

Lady Hermina Dolores De Pagan
Captain of the Tres Flores
Sailing with Ye Pyrate Brotherhood

Zardoz

I you go for more of a fantasy costume, no reason you can't use it for faire and other events.
My friend Sandy wore her "Snow Queen" outfit to TRF Christmas weekend and a week later at the Dickens on the Strand fest, it was well recieved at both...

At TRF,

and at Dickens.
"Pants are for guys with ugly legs"
Member of Clan McLotofus,
IBRSC# 1619,
As seen in Renaissance Magazine