News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Where are you staying???

Started by Blue66669, February 01, 2010, 06:55:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zaubon

Quote from: blue66669 on February 09, 2010, 01:48:08 PM
Is anyone buying tickets?!?!?!?!?
I'll bring you money at the disaster planned for your house Saturday.

Blue66669

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Yeah, it is going to be pretty brutal...
Blaidd Drwg

Laird Fraser of Lovatt

Confirmed... BW & Fraser at the Super 8.  I'll be talking to you, Blue, about tickets...
Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh
Alba gu brath
Laird of Dunans Castle
Warrior Poet/Loki God

LadyJessica

Put me and Jayse down for the Super 8 as well as a few of the McShuggenah's. (Don't know how many as of yet.)
Loki GODDESS
Lady-in-Lacing to QOE
FOKTOP
Director of Social Tourture for the Empire
Gneaitheas Gnomie (DG#290)

Blue66669

Don't forget to have the McShuggenahs get in on the RenDezvous block!! Thanks Jess honey!
Blaidd Drwg

iain robb

Ryk Rakham

Rick and Sherry (Ryk Rakham and Jezz the Belle) will be staying at the Super 8. I booked way before we had a block reserved, so we are not in that block but I'm sure we will be able to find everyone...using our senses - listen for the party, look for the garb, sniff for rum, feel the excitement and taste the fun! Should be one incredible weekend. We are booked for Friday through Sunday, should arrive Friday evening around 7:30ish.
Ryk Rakham, scourge of the Red River
Rhyk Dragonfang

Jezz the Belle, scourge of the scourge
Lady Sherry

squiregaby

I'll be at Joust Camp!....but that's not a hotel
Squire Gaby
Squire to the Knights of the most Noble Cause

wildthingjew

miss katie scarlett and myself are booked at the super 8 thurs., fri., sat. and sunday will send blue money soon for tickets.
jamie, mother of miss katie scarlett

Lavender

IWG #3440
Landshark #19

LadyStitch

Please add Jean Flamingo, and Lady Stitch to the Super 8 :)
It is kind of strange watching your personal history become costume.

Lady Renee Buchanan

Need some help, Texas friends.  We booked months ago at the Super 8 for Friday through Sunday nights.

We are arriving into Dallas on Wednesday afternoon.  Thursday we plan to go to the Ft. Worth zoo, then on Friday, back to the DFW Airport to pick up another Rennie.  Then drive down to Waxahachie.

Any suggestions where to stay on Wednesday and Thursday nights so we won't have to drive forever to get to the zoo and then back to the airport.  A nice central place would be great.  Only requirements: a safe place and clean.  Also, we don't want to break the bank.

Thanks.  You gave us so many great suggestions for sightseeing and eating, that I thought you'd know where to steer us for this.    ;D
A real Surf Diva
Landshark who loves water
Chieftesse Surf'n Penny of Clan O'Siodhachain,
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 
Member since the beginning of RF
All will be well. St. Julian of Norwich

angusmacinnes

There are many places where compromise is expected;
LOYALTY is not amongst them.

Lady Renee Buchanan

Quote from: angusmacinnes on March 19, 2010, 09:11:26 PM
Lady B this is right down the street from the zoo and is a pretty nice place. http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/dfwch-courtyard-fort-worth-university-drive/

Thank you, angus, for the suggestion.  Unfortunately, the rates run between $179 - $199 per night for that time period.  We only spent $120 on our tickets, so it is way out of our price range.  I realize that we will be in a big city, and rates are higher than in suburbs/rural areas, but we can't afford that.  I will however, look at the location on a google map and try to find something in the same area. Again, I appreciate your help.
A real Surf Diva
Landshark who loves water
Chieftesse Surf'n Penny of Clan O'Siodhachain,
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 
Member since the beginning of RF
All will be well. St. Julian of Norwich

Lady Kett

Lady Renee, I would suggest somewhere near the DFW Airport. It's somewhat centrally located between Dallas and Fort Worth and has a variety of hotels available for all price ranges, and easy freeway access to get around. I think the south side of the airport would be about a 30 minute drive to the FW Zoo (without major traffic anyway). The north side a little further but still, IMHO, an easy drive.

I live close to the north side of DFW Airport and the ride to Scarby is about 50 minutes one way.

Link for Hotels near DFW (type "Hotels" in the search box...it didn't stay when I copied the link)