News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

I believe the term is...SQUEE!

Started by bran_gray, February 05, 2010, 01:13:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bran_gray

How unmanly of me...but my boots just arrived!  My garb is complete except for my axe frog and bracers!  As soon as the wife gets home I'll get some pictures put up!

Anybody else remember their first set of garb?  What it felt like to finally complete it?

Pinn

While I have a complete set or three of garb... it is never completely finished  ;)
I.P.B.
IWG# 3681
Ette
ROL #101
FOKTOP

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Agreed - it is never "completely" finished
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Joyce "Delfinia DuSwallow" Howard

SQUEE. . . Don't you just love that feeling! Seriously ,it is NEVER finished.You can bet you will see something on someone and say "Oh man I gotta get one of those".But thats the fun of faire or on to the next costume! JUST HAVE FUN.
MDRF Dandy  "Delfinia DuSwallow"
Sun'n Penny - Clan O'Morda
LandShark #71
Maker of Buttery Nipples

Finnian

As a faerie....my collection is NEVER complete! XD But I definitely know the feeling of having that first outfit to wear all together! I still love getting new bits, just today I went out and picked up a bunch of new things to work on :)

Elinor Hakebourne

Congrats on getting most of your garb assembled! I found that feeling last year when I added some sparkly, dangly earrings to my ensemble (I'm a half gypsy character, rediscovering her roots). Suddenly the garb just "clicked" with me then. However, I wouldn't say my garb is complete (I still desire to make a new pouch for myself that's not made of anachronistic blue satin, as well as bring a mug to faire to use - haven't done that in the several years I've been attending). But that's half the fun - finding things you can change and make better/more detailed :) Why, just today I found a new belt very cheap at a second hand store, and I was thrilled!

renren

Arrival of new garb is always "squee-worthy", regardless!!  ;D
Renren
Wench  #  3783
Treasure Guardian and giggling interrogator of the "Feisty Lady"

Guppy # 32 ROoL