News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

New garb or accesories?

Started by Capt Gabriela Fullpepper, February 14, 2010, 12:57:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jonas_MacPherson

Haven't had a chance to put thought into this years garb, though both pairs of boots need fixing, so that's probably where the money is going <and quite possibly a pirate hamster :) >

Course, depending on the situation, there might be more. I ain't telling.

<though I will say, the lone wolf might not be totally lone>

Avan

Quote from: Adriana Rose on February 20, 2010, 11:03:26 AM
Try a giant cowbell, that clears a path lol.

I just had an image of a giant cowbell around the Elephant's neck.   ;D

Tanda

Quote from: Avan on February 23, 2010, 09:08:24 AM

My Lord, that is quite the most large cow I have ever clapped mine eyes upon. Pray tell, what hast thou been feeding her?
o/` I'm a little teapot...o/` No, I'm not, that would be silly. ::)

Hey- Arent You?

Quote from: Tanda on February 23, 2010, 11:35:18 AM
Quote from: Avan on February 23, 2010, 09:08:24 AM

My Lord, that is quite the most large cow I have ever clapped mine eyes upon. Pray tell, what hast thou been feeding her?

well.... Apples, Carrots, Iris's, tree limbs, Ice tea & lemonaid, more apples, and an occasional hamster...
"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good people to do nothing"
~Edmund Burke

Adriana Rose

Dont forget the odd Garland every now and then

Zoë

I hear she has a taste for Nun, on the beaten side...;)
Capitaine Zoë D'Arcachon
Elizabeth Covington
Fritzie the Fairy

Norfolk

"well.... Apples, Carrots, Iris's, tree limbs, Ice tea & lemonaid, more apples, and an occasional hamster..."

Don't forget the occasional beer chaser!
Just call me "Your Grace"

Demetrius

Quote from: Baron on February 23, 2010, 10:18:44 PM
"well.... Apples, Carrots, Iris's, tree limbs, Ice tea & lemonaid, more apples, and an occasional hamster..."

Don't forget the occasional beer chaser!

I thought for a second Baron had gone hamster comment on us, but I see it is a Hey quote...

Quote from: Zoë on February 23, 2010, 05:23:42 PM

She wanted her Arnold Palmer...
Truth teller of exceptional proportion...
Proud to be a part of the Colorado Renaissance Festival...

Zoë

Quote from: Demetrius on February 24, 2010, 12:22:55 AM

Quote from: Zoë on February 23, 2010, 05:23:42 PM

She wanted her Arnold Palmer...

So, if the nun tasted of Arnold Palmer...would that mean that the elephant had a taste for Sweet Nun?
Capitaine Zoë D'Arcachon
Elizabeth Covington
Fritzie the Fairy

Demetrius

Careful- all we need is another golfer apology...

Yes- a sweet nun  :)  Fortunately Paige was much kinder last summer- no need for a nun helmet as an addition to garb...
Truth teller of exceptional proportion...
Proud to be a part of the Colorado Renaissance Festival...

NelleMoorley

The girls and I are seriously considering making our own costumes this year . . . something well-fitting, much simpler, and WASHABLE. But that's all still in the works. If not that, then we'll be in the same dresses as before. Barring that, well, we all have birthday suits.

(better tips)
Nelle Moorley

holierthanthou

Gee I don't know why you would want costumes that fit (Wink Wink)

As for the elephant... she hasn't squeezed me yet for a Blue Nun... but she did circle my head and try to take my wig a couple times.  She knows what belongs there and what doesn't.

As for my garb, I am hoping to introduce my new character.  Just think walking trash heap and you may just picture it right.  No bears named Lancelot though.  Those came out with Roosevelt.
There is not enough darkness in the world to extinguish a small candle.

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

Quote from: NelleMoorley on February 26, 2010, 10:37:59 AM
The girls and I are seriously considering making our own costumes this year . . . something well-fitting, much simpler, and WASHABLE. But that's all still in the works. If not that, then we'll be in the same dresses as before. Barring that, well, we all have birthday suits.

(better tips)

Well I hope you all have fine new garb. While the dresses they supply are pretty, Noblise Oblige dresses are NOT cheap and are NOT made to last. Take this from someone who thought long and hard about one and then found someone who makes HA dresses that do last made for me, at half the cost. And while mine are washable, I have to wash them the old fashion way... By Hand which sucks but gives me more respect for them.

Best of luck in the new garb search
"The Metal Maiden"
To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody e

Tanda

I went through my fabric boxes. If I get my act together, I will have between 1 and 4 new outfits. It all depends on how much I can get done. I will definitely have a new pink skirt and new bodice to match. I may also have a green, a blue, or a black skirt with matching bodices.
o/` I'm a little teapot...o/` No, I'm not, that would be silly. ::)

Zoë

I definitely need to get into the game of learning how to create costumes.  I have a feeling it would 1) save me a lot of money and 2) lead to a lot of new characters!
Capitaine Zoë D'Arcachon
Elizabeth Covington
Fritzie the Fairy