News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

What do YOU want?!?

Started by VIII, February 19, 2010, 03:11:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trigger

Quote from: VIII on March 22, 2010, 03:36:01 PM
Quote from: Nicolas-Antoine on March 22, 2010, 02:57:23 PMI think the King with all his riches should buy everyone a mead on opening day!!!! ;D

Yeah, and Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny will hand them out!  >:(

well.. the preview event IS on Easter Sunday so there's a good chance the Easter Bunny will be in attendance. does this mean he'll have free mead for all us FoFs? ;)
look up into the stars, and you're gone.
-fight club

Nicolas-Antoine

Quote from: Trigger on March 22, 2010, 04:26:31 PM
Quote from: Nicolas-Antoine on March 22, 2010, 02:57:23 PMI think the King with all his riches should buy everyone a mead on opening day!!!! ;D

well.. the preview event IS on Easter Sunday so there's a good chance the Easter Bunny will be in attendance. does this mean he'll have free mead for all us FoFs? ;)

And if we have another freak snow storm - Santa might be there too!

Var Greyshadow

What I'd like to see is the Pirate Weekend earlier in the season.  Those wool coats are not fun when it's 95 degrees out, and I personally don't do heat well anymore.  (The evil twin got new garb since last year and is lurking about looking to "borrow" my FoF pass.  M'Lord has also decided that pirate is going to be his usual persona this year.)

Oh, bring on the snow!  That was one of the most fun weekends I've had at Scarby!
"All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost..." ~J.R.R. Tolkien "The Fellowship of the Ring"

Serk

Quote from: Al-Nimer on February 20, 2010, 09:52:41 PM
I would really like for the Death March Grande Parade to go back the way it went 2 years ago.  Marching up the "hill" while playing a drum was not fun last year.  Also, the mud pit staging area for parade was not much fun last year either with all the rain...

Judging by the directions of the arrows on the new map on the new website:

http://www.srfestival.com/festival-map/information-booth/festival-map.html

Looks like they reversed the direction of the parade back to the way it used to be, starting by the elephants, and ending by the now-mudless-mudpit... WoOHoO!

Al-Nimer

Quote from: Serk on March 31, 2010, 05:38:06 PM
Quote from: Al-Nimer on February 20, 2010, 09:52:41 PM
I would really like for the Death March Grande Parade to go back the way it went 2 years ago.  Marching up the "hill" while playing a drum was not fun last year.  Also, the mud pit staging area for parade was not much fun last year either with all the rain...

http://www.srfestival.com/festival-map/information-booth/festival-map.html

Looks like they reversed the direction of the parade back to the way it used to be, starting by the elephants, and ending by the now-mudless-mudpit... WoOHoO!

Huzzah!  That's 2 confirmations, the first being the schedule showing "Post-parade Proclamation" at the Chess Field/Carillon @1:20.
"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" - Adam, Mythbusters

Ryk Rakham

Quote from: Var Greyshadow on March 23, 2010, 04:45:38 PM
What I'd like to see is the Pirate Weekend earlier in the season.  Those wool coats are not fun when it's 95 degrees out, and I personally don't do heat well anymore.  (The evil twin got new garb since last year and is lurking about looking to "borrow" my FoF pass.  M'Lord has also decided that pirate is going to be his usual persona this year.)

Oh, bring on the snow!  That was one of the most fun weekends I've had at Scarby!

Amen, and why not make it opening weekend. Since kids get in free, it'd be great. My grandkids love pirate weekend so they would get to see lots of pirates! And, the weather is always cooler and more appropriate for those wool coats, etc. Wonder what pirates wore back in the day when it got hot in the Caribbean? Pirate speedo!??
Ryk Rakham, scourge of the Red River
Rhyk Dragonfang

Jezz the Belle, scourge of the scourge
Lady Sherry

Ryk Rakham

Quote from: Nicolas-Antoine on March 22, 2010, 02:57:23 PMI think the King with all his riches should buy everyone a mead on opening day!!!! ;D

I've seen Santa Claus at the faire!!!
Ryk Rakham, scourge of the Red River
Rhyk Dragonfang

Jezz the Belle, scourge of the scourge
Lady Sherry

Queen Bonnie

I have also seen Santa at Scarby. I asked him again for my Christmas peasant! LOL!
Wingardium Leviosa!
Tis not the length of the staff- but the magick there in!

captmarga

Quote from: Serk link=topic=10845.msg234619#msg234619

url="http://www.srfestival.com/festival-map/information-booth/festival-map.html"]http://www.srfestival.com/festival-map/information-booth/festival-map.html[/url]

Huzzah!  That's 2 confirmations, the first being the schedule showing "Post-parade Proclamation" at the Chess Field/Carillon @1:20.
[/quote]

Yes, the Parade will be going back to the start at FoF near the Elephants and finish at the Chess Board.  Line the watchers up correctly!!!

Huzzah!\

Capt Marga
(who won't be Marga this year)
Corp Capt Marga, Dame Den Mother, Scarborough Royal Guard.  Keeper of the Costume Closet.  Artist, Rennie, Etc, etc, etc