News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

COUNT DOWN!!

Started by Norfolk, March 05, 2010, 08:51:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

holierthanthou

It is not obsessive to countdown the days to Festival.  It shows enthusiasm and excitement for an event that is coming up.  One can be obsessed in a good way well... for-instance chocolate can be an obsession.  Overindulgence of said chocolate can be an issue... but...

I think the unhealthy obsessions are the ones who lurk and find only negative things to say about festivals.  We all know who they are... the ones that constantly bring up the bad stuff whenever they get a chance.  The ones who really no longer go to festival except to complain.  They even try to discourage the newbies. Now those are the ones that are obsessed.  They can't let it go. 

Personally I am geeked to go to festival this year.  I am building my new character every day. Silly, for it may not even get worn more than one day. That's my healthy obsession with having fun!
There is not enough darkness in the world to extinguish a small candle.

Norfolk

Just call me "Your Grace"

Hey- Arent You?

I'm sorta planning a new character for me & the wee lad.  it's a secret.  not gonna tell.

antone know where I can get a top hat & tail coat to fit a 4year old? ;D
"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good people to do nothing"
~Edmund Burke

Adriana Rose

If he was younger I have a tail coat that my little guy grew out of ( dont ask)

Radu the Gypsy

Gee Holy, where as my comment was a joke, your own was, well, abrasive, aggressive, and vicious.  Thank you ever so much for putting me in my place.

As to the discouraging newbies, needs I point you to the "Employment Thread"?  Yes, indeed, I see myself doing everything in my power to discourage this poor person from seeking employment.  Why, I stopped just short of telling them they'd be better of seeking a job at Burger King, didn't I?  What a horrible human being I must be.

-Bear

"I'm going to invent a way for the Internet to convey Sarcasm and make millions"

Professor M

I had a dream once that I worked at Burger King, and they made me stand on the roof and wave to people.
"You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me."
~ C.S. Lewis

Hey- Arent You?

Quote from: Adriana Rose on March 09, 2010, 05:25:04 PM
If he was younger I have a tail coat that my little guy grew out of ( dont ask)

how much smaller? he's a little guy...
"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good people to do nothing"
~Edmund Burke

Duchess Marguerite

Honestly, I don't have a chain yet, but if I did, it would be multi-colored with about 30 or 40 links.  How about you?

Demetrius

Quote from: Hey- Arent You? on March 09, 2010, 05:05:45 PM

I'm sorta planning a new character for me & the wee lad.  it's a secret.  not gonna tell.

antone know where I can get a top hat & tail coat to fit a 4year old? ;D

So, what is the new character? Just post it here- I won't tell anyone...  
  ;)

OOPS, I forgot- 95 days!!! whoo hooo!!!!
Truth teller of exceptional proportion...
Proud to be a part of the Colorado Renaissance Festival...

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Quote from: Lady Ana Francesca on March 09, 2010, 10:52:03 PM
Honestly, I don't have a chain yet, but if I did, it would be multi-colored with about 30 or 40 links.  How about you?

We have chains for all the faires'   ;D
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Demetrius

"It's all in the mind, you know."   -George Harrison.

I am reminded of an old prayer-

God grant me the serenity to change things, the ability to accept those things I have changed, and the wisdom to know things are now different.

Okay, that's not correct, but my point is- we all make choices.

Is the faire perfect? Of course it is, but then so is everything else.

I know far too many people, who go to faires all over the country, who no longer get excited about faire for one reason or another, and I think this is sad. I'm not saying their reasons aren't valid- I'm just saying, I wish most of them would come back anyway. I understand why some won't.

I have met a few who are so upset they wish everyone else was too. If I could change that, I would, but I can't.

Like I said, we all makes choices- and my choice is to get really excited about faire- mostly because there are tons of really decent people there who I love to be around! And then there are my friends.

How could I not get excited about that?!

And let us not forget those we've lost, who can't come back. These are the people who model my perspective.

p.s. If you think this is cheesy that's fine- now you've got cheese with your whine...
   :)  :)

Truth teller of exceptional proportion...
Proud to be a part of the Colorado Renaissance Festival...

Zoë

Capitaine Zoë D'Arcachon
Elizabeth Covington
Fritzie the Fairy

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

Cheese Gromet, Cheese!
"The Metal Maiden"
To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody e

holierthanthou

Quote from: Lady de Laney on March 10, 2010, 09:55:28 AM
Cheese Gromet, Cheese!
I want some Wensleydale... preferably with pear.  I hear the moon is made of cheese.

Quote from: Lady Ana Francesca on March 09, 2010, 10:52:03 PM

OK I admit it... I have a chain that is over 18 feet long that I started making on road trips as a kid.  It is a woven gum wrapper chain.  Your kind of chain sounds lovely too!
There is not enough darkness in the world to extinguish a small candle.

Adriana Rose