News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Booth for Sale

Started by IvySoapworks, March 05, 2010, 09:42:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

IvySoapworks

Booth #277, Ivy Soapworks & Candleworks, is for sale.  $14,000 with terms.  $13,000 cash.  Please contact ivysoapworks@yahoo.com.

Thanks,
Joseph Skeene

kcdcchef

is that about what it costs to get a booth out there? you buy it and pay fees annually, or how does it work out there? always been curious.

IvySoapworks

Booth prices can vary wildly based on size, condition, location.  Just like real estate.  You will own the structure and have to pay yearly fees to the faire.  Let me know if you have further questions.

P.S. We also have a booth at the Bristol Faire for sale as well.

majikah

Booths are not real estate.  They are personal property.  Basically, the participant (booth owner/crafter) pays a yearly rental fee, as well as maintenance, etc.  Their personal property (the wood, windows, etc), that make up the booth are all they own.  According to most contracts, the owners of the festival can request you remove your personal property at any time.  Most only give a few days notice.

Equating these displays with "real estate" is a big mistake.  Taking out large loans to purchase these buildings is a major reason for business failures at festivals.

kcdcchef

what do annual fees run out there, on average

majikah

There is a per foot fee.  I don't remember exactly what it is.  I have three booths, one is 15' across and the other 2 are 10' across.  My total rent is $2,300.00

IvySoapworks

Quote from: kcdcchef on March 08, 2010, 09:04:37 PM
what do annual fees run out there, on average

For our booth it is about $950.  If you pay at the end of the run you get a discount.