News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

How active is the Rennie community in Ohio?

Started by Favedave, February 09, 2010, 10:05:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Favedave

Hello all.

There are not a lot of posts here on this forum, so I'm curious -- how large is the Rennie community at this Faire?

Thanks,

David

ladylissame

I think we are a good size. We have 2 major renaissance faires in our state (Ohio and Great Lakes) and a few small one weekend ones.
Most of our pictures get posted on facebook it seems.  ;D

Sir Jim & Lady Helen

I think we are quite active but since this is a fall festival and the start is not until Labor Day weekend we are kind of quiet right now. You will find some of the Ohio and Kentucky rennies (as well as friends from a few other states) active in the Loveland Castle forum.  
Irish Penny Brigade
Castleteers
Lost Vikings
FOKTOPs
ROOL

Jim:
Ride Penny

Helen:
Spin Penny
IWG#3811 Local#57

CapnFayeCutler

Quote from: Sir Jim & Lady Helen on February 10, 2010, 02:47:35 PM
You will find some of the Ohio and Kentucky rennies (as well as friends from a few other states) active in the Loveland Castle forum. 

That's right, represent! TN in the house! ;)
Slack'n Penny -  Chieftess, Clan Byrne of the IPB
IFRP# 1264 IWG #3575
RoOL 26 | Castleteer | ETTE

Imestra

Very little activity during the cold months, we are hibernating!
How large? Last November's Castleteer gathering in Loveland, Ohio counted
over 60 in garb!  Of course, at least 4 states were represented..
We are all of us in the gutters, but some of us are lookin at the stars

Old Tinker

Quote from: Favedave on February 09, 2010, 10:05:59 PM
Hello all.
There are not a lot of posts here on this forum, so I'm curious -- how large is the Rennie community at this Faire?
Thanks,
David

greet'ns David,  thy question about OHRF could be answer'd  by add'n to our dearest and fellow "Castleteers", Imestra's post, that last year for the Gather'n of M'Cracks were in the numbers of somewhere around 30+. now our very good friends Ratman & Bobin have a good view of OHRF, tis there home faire. mayhaps they will give an opion'n also, if they see this post.
me Belle and me call KYHRF(June-July, Eminence,Ky.) our home faire now, but prior to it's open'n we visit'd OHRF as our home faire. many many rennies we see there in the past and just last year. as said previously, many of us are just try'n to stay warm and day-dream'n of ren faires to come. but me Belles and me's first event of 2010 will be the "Castleteers Gather'n" at Loveland Castle in Loveland, Ohio, and that would be come'n at the end of March next.
hope to meet thee at OHRF.
treat well, be well,
i be the Old Tinker and his Belle...
Loveland "Castleteer"
Travel Safe, Travel Far

LadyHawkeontheHill

Aye, hibernating indeed. Some of us are digging out as well...
Willy Nilly on-the-wash town Strumpet
Castleteer Pillar
Irish Penny Brigade member

kcdcchef

i have found that the most active faires with the best following have almost nothing going on here. for example, pennsylvania renaissance faire is well attended, and rather boring on the forums. same with kansas city ( my home faire ) draws over 200,000 and no one EVER posts on it!

but speaking as a visitor to the ohio faire, every other year generally, it is a very active community.