News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

a call to arms!!!

Started by rengypsy, March 08, 2010, 09:25:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rengypsy

dear rennie community,

we want to thank you from the bottom of our hearts for your attendance and beautiful words about sherwood on the opening weekend.

we are calling on you now to spread the word to rennies and mundanes alike.  our artists and artisans need more folk through the gates.

we built a huges faire for the first year and lots of dreams are manifested within the woods of sherwood.  many vendors took out life savings betting on this venture.

we are embraced with you and have been every step along the way.  you are our thermometer and barometer telling us what needs to change, what's good, where we must make adjustments, etc.

but more importantly, you are the heart of soul of faire.

be our emmisaries to the world at large...spread the word to the four corners!

sherwood lives!!!

we need you, your family and hundreds of your friends celebrating with us. during these last four weekends of our first season.

love and passion for dreams becoming real,rengypsy
it's all about the journey and the people we choose to make the journey with

Queen Bonnie

This faire is Amazing! I am telling everyone I meet about it!
Wingardium Leviosa!
Tis not the length of the staff- but the magick there in!

The Rogue Gambit

already spreading the word!!! :)
Gambit, Whiskey boy, Kilt boy, and many others......

Justin

Like many of you I'll work hard, I just need more ideas.  Some random thoughts below:

A picture is worth a thousand words.  I've got them all over my desk at work and blasted to everyone I know.  They are a good conversation starter.

Has anyone reached out to girl scouts / boy scouts?

A lot of my friends and family are just flat broke right now and looking for jobs so I'll say this again - a better economy next year will mean a big difference.

A lot of the mundanes have a preconceived notion about what a ren faire is.  They know about the music and acting and food.  So I try to sell them on the other aspects of it. 
1) Have kids?  We have baby animals to pet. 
2) Have annoying kids?  Beat them with a pillow on that pillowfight-on-a-log game.
3) Have really, really annoying kids?  We sell beer.

I'd love to see a bunch of promotional ideas pop up in this thread.  Sign me up!

K5LYN

Yes, we need more shoppers.  As several of you know, I've been in communication with staff from the Hyatt Lost Pines from time to time, including Tuesday a week ago when one of their representatives was at the Bastrop Downtown Business Alliance meeting as is their usual custom.

It occurred to me that we have many examples of remarkable architecture scattered across the grounds which might be of interest to professional groups which convention at the Hyatt.  If there are no objectors, I'd like to assemble a selection of pictures which might include the Pub, and the Italian restaurant next door, the Henna artist building, some of the two story buildings on the grounds, some of the stages and forward them on to Hyatt staff that we have been working with.

I think we might offer examples of our creativity to individuals who might not otherwise be interested in Renaissance Festivals.  Any thoughts, anyone? 
Gypsy Palmist

rengypsy

don't need our permission...

go forth and make sherwood better known!
it's all about the journey and the people we choose to make the journey with