News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Porter and Stouts last show's March 17, 2010

Started by Mixsae, March 04, 2010, 06:53:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mixsae

March 17 - Claddagh Irish Pub - Lyndhurst, OH (11:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.)

Quaker Steak & Lube (Tully's Irish Pub) -
Sharon, PA (5:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.)

I know it's quite a ways away...but it will be there last show together.

I can't make it but rest assured, I will be somewhere raising a guinness to both my friends....

Cap'n Hunnar Graybeard

What??  ???

Didn't see anything about this being their last show on the web site. What's going on?
IPB Clan Chieftain - Clan Williams (Kansas)
Crew of The Bayou Scoundrel
Landshark #58

renfairephotog

What? what? Last show.
8 hours 15 mins from Nashville. Can't make that especially on St. Patricks Day on a Wednesday.

Twenty seasons of covering renaissance  festivals. Photos/calendar/blog.
Fairy photographer

Captain Jack Wolfe

Well, crap.  I was looking forward to seeing them in May at TNRF.   :(
"I'm not sure about people anymore. They're responsible for some pretty nutty stuff. Individuals I'm crazy about, though." ~ Opus

CapnFayeCutler

Slack'n Penny -  Chieftess, Clan Byrne of the IPB
IFRP# 1264 IWG #3575
RoOL 26 | Castleteer | ETTE

amy

I will miss them awfully at TNRF, they were so fun at pub sing!   Is there any news on this decision or who else might pay in their stead?

jarethmorgan

Greetings All!

I just thought that I would clarify the recent news about our last performance as "Porter & Stout".

First off, we were not offered a contract for the 2010 Tennessee Renaissance Festival. It seems that, due to the bad weather and poor attendance last season, the entertainment budget has taken a serious cut. As a result, we were cut from the entertainment roster.

As far as our splitting up...

In response to some recent postings on the "Porter & Stout" guestbook, as well as to some letters recently sent to venues where "Porter & Stout" are scheduled to perform, I wanted to voice my personal opinion.

First, let me say thank you to all who have supported us over the years. Your attending our shows, purchasing our music, love and support have been wonderful and most appreciated. The recent outpouring of support for myself is truely wonderful. However, the issue has gotten way out of hand. As much as everyone is entitled to their own opinion, the posts and letters to presenters have become hurtful, both personally and professionally.

As much as favorable comments are appreciated, the negative comments directed at Richard are now costing us (me) much needed work and the money that comes with it. I ask that whoever is responsible for the posts and letters, please stop. Your opinion is important to me, but I do not believe that posting your personal hatred, in a public forum, is the way to go. If there are issues that you would like to discuss, please feel free to contact me through e-mail or phone. I would be happy to discuss any problems or issues with you. If "Porter & Stout's" live performances are the problem, we can discuss it.

In this economy, people cannot afford to lose any work, myself included. This is my business...this is how I make my living. I cannot lose work as a result of someones personal hatred or dislike of a business associate. Therefore, I have no choice but to remove myself from "Porter & Stout". As of March 18th., 2010, I will no longer be a part of the group. I will continue to perform as "Droolin' Jack" Porter, but in other productions. For those interested, you will find information on all of my work on my website at www.vincentmagic.com.

Once again, I thank you for your support. I ask that everyone please support live entertainment and please, please do not use a public forum as a vehicle for personal vendetta and hatred.

All my very best wishes for peace, joy, love and happiness,

Vinny ("Droolin' Jack" Porter)

renfairephotog

Well Vinny I'm gonna miss you guys. You were usually the first show I'd catch each weekend.

I hope your next productions are as entertaining as Porter and Stout.
Fairy photographer

SirBlackFox

I'm not sure anyone outside of you two knew there were problems. . .  it certainly didn't reach my ears in any way.

I have a review of Dreadnaughts & Derelicts scheduled for the next issue of The Pyrates Way. . .  guess I don't have to print it.

I like your stuff, not sure if your situation is as bad as it may appear. . .but what do I know?

Publisher, Faire Magazine, The Concordium, & The Pyrates Way
Founder, FriendsofMDRF

Black'n McCrack

Athena

Richard & Vinny,

Porter & Stout will be missed, especially in Avaloch. I always had so much fun at your shows! Best of luck to you!
A book is like a garden carried in the pocket. ~ Chinese Proverb

Mixsae

Love to both of you...I'll try to catch you on the road this summer.

Keep us posted.

I'm trying to stay positive but I was afraid the weather last year would have a carry over impact this season.

renfairephotog

Wish I could be at the show. Playing Three Sheets to the wind right now.
Fairy photographer