News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

I can't figure out who to light the candle for...

Started by Molden, May 29, 2008, 06:48:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joyce "Delfinia DuSwallow" Howard

Molden, I'm so sorry about the baby.I will say a prayer for Preslye (what a beautiful name).I have a niece who did the EXACT same thing with her baby. Thank GOD the child is just fine now, shes 13 yrs. old. I had to take her and raise her myself.I have had her 8 yrs.now. I pray every day for her mother , THINGS ARE SELDOM BLACK AND WHITE, i just try to give what help i can ,where i can.Just keep praying for them.
MDRF Dandy  "Delfinia DuSwallow"
Sun'n Penny - Clan O'Morda
LandShark #71
Maker of Buttery Nipples

Count Adolfo

Brother... as someone who can really understand... truly understand how you're feeling...
it's ok to be angry and ok to have difficulty understanding.  Those are lofty ideals Bob's selling there, you must admit.  It's hard not to be upset by such a thing.

Just try to temper your anger with the knowledge that this may be a blessing in disguise.  If this is what it takes, so long as the baby comes out fine... if this gets your neice to get off the drugs, then it's something you'll someday look back on and be thankful for.
I'm sorry it's so messed up right now, though.  Child Protective Services will be most harsh in dealing with any matter they feel is detrimental to the baby.  I hope that can all be resolved.

My heart goes out to you, Brother... and to that little baby.  She is in my prayers... and aye, she indeed has a beautiful name.

Anna Iram

Molden, sometimes the loveliest of flowers grow in the thorniest of gardens. Preslye came into this world with a dream like all of us and perhaps her rough start will touch far more lives in a positive way than a fairytale beginning. Good luck to her. I'll keep her and her mother in my prayers and light a pink candle especially for her.

I'll keep you and your family in my thoughts. I agree with the Count, it's hard not to be dissapointed and angry when peoples choices affect so many others.

I'll light a candle for you Modlen. I know lifes tough for you right now and I'm sorry for that.

lordwriothsley

Molden,
Brother I must that these are truly two of the worst situations I have ever heard of in my life.You have my heartfelt sympathy for what you are going through right now trying to sort out your feelings for your former brother in laws passing and the condition of your little niece.I can truly understand what you are going through right now as my family almost lost my little 3 year old cousin M'Kayla for the same thing.Her mother was a stone cold herion addict while she was pregnant with her and when she was born she spent 6 months in the hospital hooked to god knows how many machines to try and keep her alive.Still to this day she is our "Miracle" baby and we thank God that she is still alive.
  No one said that this life would be easy.It seems like every where you turn your always running into some kind of trouble whether it be family or personal or whatever it may be,but always know like these other fine people have said that this may be an unknown blessing that you and your family still have not discovered.With all that being said  you, your family,your niece and especially baby Presyle are in my thoughts and prayers.
Irish Penny Brigade
IBRSC# 1584
Part Time Noble
Full Time Rogue
Overall Ren Geek
Man of many names
"Did I say that"

eloquentXI

My thoughts and prayers and many a many hug go to you, even more so than the several I gave you yesterday. Have faith with the rising sun tomorrow and every morning, always beautiful and always strong...that gives me enough hope even in the most trying of times and I hope it can give you hope too. We're here for you, love, always.
Still Meggers, just a little more grown up now. :)

CatAshtrophy

I'm so sorry to hear about the baby and will put her in my prayers. I hope that she can live a long, healthy, and happy life. There are going to be lots of challenges for your family coming up. You say CPS is involved, but at least in Texas, that does not always mean that the child will be taken away. They try to keep babies with their biological parents whenever possible, even for drug abuse (at least according to a lecture I was at this weekend). There are simply too many children in need and not enough safe places to put them all. I hope that your neice and the baby get all the care and support they need to be healthy and happy.