News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Final Joust, Sunday or Monday

Started by VIII, May 28, 2008, 03:11:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VIII

Umm, would it be reeeaaalllyyy vain of me to ask if anyone got pictures of the final joust on Sunday or Monday?  You know, the one where I got to kill Roderick?
Former King Henry VIII
Renaissance Magazine Issue #66 Cover Boy

eloquentXI

Hahaha, awwww, no I wish I had! But I heard about it!! Totally bummed that I missed it
Still Meggers, just a little more grown up now. :)

Var Greyshadow

Oh man, did we miss out!!  Would have loved to have seen that.  I second the call for pictures!
"All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost..." ~J.R.R. Tolkien "The Fellowship of the Ring"

SirRichardBear

It was a great show and the crowd loved it.  I saw a couple video cameras going near me and hope that one of them will post the video on youtube or myspace.

Beware of him that is slow to anger: He is angry for something, and will not be pleased for nothing.
Benjamin Franklin

Lady Ann of Draycott

Oh! I can't believe I missed that!!!  >:(

FOF Ticket to Scarby $125
Seeing King Henry VIII kill Sir Roderick...PRICELESS!!!  ;)

If you do find pictures and/or video, please post them!!!

Collector of Wine and Roses
Clan McLotofus Elder
Landshark No. 96

VIII

Brian (Sir William) says he will burn a DVD for me, but I have no way of posting it on-line :P.

If someone relatively close to North Dallas has the capability, I'll gladly loan it out, as soon as I get it!

Hey, I want to see it, too!
Former King Henry VIII
Renaissance Magazine Issue #66 Cover Boy

SirRichardBear

Is Plano close enough?  Or if you get it before the Arlington Highland games you could bring it there.
Beware of him that is slow to anger: He is angry for something, and will not be pleased for nothing.
Benjamin Franklin

sarita420

I shot tons of pictures through all of the jousts and have a short clip of you "offiing" Roderick.  It was indeed a thing of beauty!

I'm not a technical wiz--and certainly not the best videographer--and wasn't in the best place for shooting, but at the point where you were really going after him, the camera was relatively steady and I caught the final seconds :)))

Let me see if I can figure out how to get the video from the computer to a disc.  What would be the best way to get it to you?

Sarita

captmarga

Sarita - did you get a photo on final weekend, 11 am joust, of the Countessa di Montefiscone in her corset and bloomers on the lists???

Please let me know, so far we haven't found anyone that got photos!!!

Corp Capt Marga
Corp Capt Marga, Dame Den Mother, Scarborough Royal Guard.  Keeper of the Costume Closet.  Artist, Rennie, Etc, etc, etc

sarita420

Quote from: captmarga on June 03, 2008, 09:54:47 PM
Sarita - did you get a photo on final weekend, 11 am joust, of the Countessa di Montefiscone in her corset and bloomers on the lists???

Please let me know, so far we haven't found anyone that got photos!!!

Corp Capt Marga

Corp Capt Marga,

Unfortunately,  I didn't make it to many of the 11 a.m. jousts--and if I did they were close to the end, so I don't think I have pics of the Countessa in her underpinnings!  ;-)

Sorry!  Must try to get to the lists faster--sounds like I missed a good time!!

Sarita