News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

John's Pass festivals -- 2010 (Scurvy Awareness/JLD)

Started by Kate, April 01, 2010, 08:56:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kate

So we can get the ball rolling... Who is planning to be at Scurvy Awareness Day on May 2nd?

What about John Levique Days June 11, 12, 13?

http://www.johnspassfestivals.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=9&Itemid=4
Kate
Pink'n Penny

Ambrosine

OK scurvy not gonna happen since its the boys bday.

But money permitting we really want to do John Levique Days. So I'm trying to persuede some babysitters and figure out the budget for getting a room for the two nights. It would be sooo nice to have a mini vacation with out the kids! David and I need this!
Stitch Witch of the Harbinger

Lady DArbanville

So, Scurvy awareness is really on a Sunday?

I want to do John Levique.. but we need to start talking HOTEL!
The Irish Penny Brigade
Beer'n of the Clan O'Ceallaig
Special Projects

Lady Isabelle D'Arbanville,
Privateer, First Lady of the Harbinger
IFRP #1205. Tampa Bay

Wench, IWG #3510, Local 21
Tampa Bay

Larien Telemnar of Laughlorien

Esperanza McDaniels

Scurvy Awareness is a yes.  Candy, we're gonna car pool, yes?  I've requested off for JLD but I'm also going on vacation the following weekend for ten days (going to OHIO for sister's wedding) and not sure if my work will be so accommodating to me, cause that's A LOT of requests off for June.  If anything, David will be there for everything.  I put in my request off that it was my sister's bachelorette party.  While that's technically true, as her party is the weekend of the 12-13th, it's also in Ohio... :-*
Esperanza McDaniels
Pilot for The Harbinger

Bite'n Penny
Cruise Director of The Clan O'Conchobhair

Jessi

We would love to go to both. But we don't have anyone to keep the kids for us and that is just to long to leave them home alone. So count us out this time. :'(
Jessi

"Normal is not as common as you think."

Ambrosine

MY MOM IS TAKING AIDAN YIPPEE! So we can definitely come for the whole weekend. We just need to start thinking of the hotel issues. We cannot afford much so I really want to team up with people to get the a room or suit. Who knows the area well enough to look up this info? I've only been out there once and it was about ten years ago! I want to make sure we get close to the action.

Lord Elessar

If you are good with a couple of newbies, we're in!!
Elessar and Lady Remy
Gaelor n Gaelor's Mate
The HARBINGER
"To the brig with the whole lot of ya!":o)

Lady DArbanville

Quote from: Esperanza McDaniels on April 02, 2010, 11:55:49 AM
Scurvy Awareness is a yes.  Candy, we're gonna car pool, yes?  I've requested off for JLD but I'm also going on vacation the following weekend for ten days (going to OHIO for sister's wedding) and not sure if my work will be so accommodating to me, cause that's A LOT of requests off for June.  If anything, David will be there for everything.  I put in my request off that it was my sister's bachelorette party.  While that's technically true, as her party is the weekend of the 12-13th, it's also in Ohio... :-*
Yes... carpool!.. Hector is in on that too!
The Irish Penny Brigade
Beer'n of the Clan O'Ceallaig
Special Projects

Lady Isabelle D'Arbanville,
Privateer, First Lady of the Harbinger
IFRP #1205. Tampa Bay

Wench, IWG #3510, Local 21
Tampa Bay

Larien Telemnar of Laughlorien

ItsTheBishop

SCAD being on a Sunday means no need to take time off, woo.

Ambrosine

Quote from: Lord Elessar on April 04, 2010, 08:23:53 PM

Did we met at BARF?  your picture just doesn't look familiar and I looked at your my space too! I met so many people and I'm horrible at names and faces unless I see you more then once. Just wonderin! hehe we are "Newbies" too to the pirate festivals. We have only attened BARF. Would it be just you if we went in on the room if not how many others are with you?

Esperanza: Hope you can get off! would love to room with you and David if you can both go, if not David is more then welcome to join us. I'm trying to figure out who is interested in going in on the room before we try to book. The place Maria has suggested has room for 6!

Esperanza McDaniels

Ooh, Amber, I hadn't realized that those rooms held six people.  Will def have to make final plans soon.  David and I will get together with everyone at SCAD and let you know what the final verdict is, since you and David aren't going to make it.  What were they, $137 a night?
Esperanza McDaniels
Pilot for The Harbinger

Bite'n Penny
Cruise Director of The Clan O'Conchobhair

Kate

Let me know too.  It'd just be me, but I could try to swing it.
Kate
Pink'n Penny

Ambrosine

if we go with a two bed suite which also has pull out couch with the 15% discount it will put it at $246(normal 289) per night but then we can divide it by how many we have in the room. if we plan to stay two nights and have 6 it will be about $82 per person + tax and fees. if we only have 5 it would be about $98. (you would have a nice bed to yourself Kate!) if we want to do it we need to book at soon as possible as they are very close to all the action! This was a great pick by Maria.

They have rooms that sleep 4-6

Lord Elessar

Quote from: Lady Raven on April 05, 2010, 01:04:20 PM
Quote from: Lord Elessar on April 04, 2010, 08:23:53 PM

Did we met at BARF?  your picture just doesn't look familiar and I looked at your my space too! I met so many people and I'm horrible at names and faces unless I see you more then once. Just wonderin! hehe we are "Newbies" too to the pirate festivals. We have only attened BARF. Would it be just you if we went in on the room if not how many others are with you?

Esperanza: Hope you can get off! would love to room with you and David if you can both go, if not David is more then welcome to join us. I'm trying to figure out who is interested in going in on the room before we try to book. The place Maria has suggested has room for 6!
Aye..sorry to say that I do not believe we met at Barf..Lady Remy and I will be going to SCAD and JLD..Looking for hotel info, however, I have a bit of pirate sleepin disorder...so it may be best for me to be a bit down the hall from everyone.. :P.
Elessar and Lady Remy
Gaelor n Gaelor's Mate
The HARBINGER
"To the brig with the whole lot of ya!":o)

Hector

Quote from: Lady DArbanville on April 05, 2010, 12:09:04 PM
Quote from: Esperanza McDaniels on April 02, 2010, 11:55:49 AM
Yes... carpool!.. Hector is in on that too!

We are camping on the beach, right?  Just us, the rum, a bootjack, and my parrot?

-