News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

John's Pass festivals -- 2010 (Scurvy Awareness/JLD)

Started by Kate, April 01, 2010, 08:56:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kate

So here we are t-3 days from Scurvy Awareness Day.

The event starts at noon so I'm sure Candy and I will be leaving my nexk of the woods around 11ish.  Let's get in as much fun as possible on this Sunday Funday of pirating!

Also, if you're on the Harbinger FB, check over there for important info about where and when we'll be meeting (also I'm thinking the krewe pic will be moved earlier in the day for the sake of sweatiness).

Who's there???
Kate
Pink'n Penny

pktaxwench

I plan to be at Scurvy Awareness Day.  However, I won't be there until later in the day - since I am going to be headed home to Colorado soon, I need to get every bit of fight practice in at LeVique rehearsals on Sunday.  But, I'll be there! 

I figure even if I'm sweaty and nasty, that just makes me more authentically a pirate. I need every bit of help, considering who I play. :D

Esperanza McDaniels

Quote from: Kate on April 28, 2010, 05:25:54 AM
So here we are t-3 days from Scurvy Awareness Day.

The event starts at noon so I'm sure Candy and I will be leaving my nexk of the woods around 11ish.  Let's get in as much fun as possible on this Sunday Funday of pirating!

Also, if you're on the Harbinger FB, check over there for important info about where and when we'll be meeting (also I'm thinking the krewe pic will be moved earlier in the day for the sake of sweatiness).

Who's there???

I can't wait!  I'm so excited that it's here already!
Esperanza McDaniels
Pilot for The Harbinger

Bite'n Penny
Cruise Director of The Clan O'Conchobhair

Lord Elessar

We will be dare.. ARRRRGGGHH!!!  Can't wait!!!!!!! Who's got the rum?
Elessar and Lady Remy
Gaelor n Gaelor's Mate
The HARBINGER
"To the brig with the whole lot of ya!":o)

Squire Mickey

Mickey Flint, Esquire
First Mate, The Harbinger
Landshark #107
IFRP #1473
Clan M'Crack P.E.T.
Captain, Ithilean Ran

Kate

This weekend was a BLAST!  It was great to see you all and meet some new faces!

I only wish I could have stayed longer than 4 hours! Came home to a powerless neighborhood and had to break into my own house...

I can't wait to see you all at JLD in June, hopefully some of you before then!  Don't forget the Memorial Day trip to GARF! :)
Kate
Pink'n Penny

Squire Mickey

Mickey Flint, Esquire
Landshark #107
IFRP #1473
Clan M'Crack P.E.T.
Captain, Ithilean Ran

MargaretheDietrich

Quote from: Kate on May 03, 2010, 09:35:02 AM
This weekend was a BLAST!  It was great to see you all and meet some new faces!

I only wish I could have stayed longer than 4 hours! Came home to a powerless neighborhood and had to break into my own house...

I can't wait to see you all at JLD in June, hopefully some of you before then!  Don't forget the Memorial Day trip to GARF! :)
Kate- That's the weekend right after my birthday! (is jealous) I MISS GA ren fest.
I may send you with a shopping list!

Kate

Quote from: Squire Mickey on May 03, 2010, 11:41:12 AM
Ohhh thats coming up quickly isn't it?

Memorial Day?  Yes!  You going to make the trip, too?  Treeman may be looking for a roommate!
Kate
Pink'n Penny

Ambrosine

I'm too late to ask for that friday off or to leave early, my manager is already taking it off. So I will not be able to make that drive--poops!  :'(--- Just means I can save more money for JLV and have a blast!

@Squire Mickey : Are you shacken up at a hotel for JLV or making the drive each day?

@ Monica: Have you and David decided what you wanted to do? I'm gonna book our room by next wednesday so  I need to know if I'm splitting it with anyone or if David and I are doin this on our own...if on our own we will most likely stay at a hotel near but not right on Johns Pass because of the expense.
Stitch Witch of the Harbinger

Kate

Quote from: Lady Raven on May 04, 2010, 08:29:05 AM
I'm too late to ask for that friday off or to leave early, my manager is already taking it off. So I will not be able to make that drive--poops!  :'(---

We're not leaving until 4 PM...  It is only 8 hours.  David can sleep all day and make the drive! :)  You'll get in around 2 AM and cannon isn't until 10:30!  A good 8 hours of sleep! :)
Kate
Pink'n Penny

Esperanza McDaniels

I wish we could make it but I have to work and David wants us to save our money for everything else we already have planned.  LOL, he's like "Let's concentrate on what we already have planned, before we start trying to add more stuff to it"
Esperanza McDaniels
Pilot for The Harbinger

Bite'n Penny

Esperanza McDaniels

Quote from: Lady Raven on May 04, 2010, 08:29:05 AM
@ Monica: Have you and David decided what you wanted to do? I'm gonna book our room by next wednesday so  I need to know if I'm splitting it with anyone or if David and I are doin this on our own...if on our own we will most likely stay at a hotel near but not right on Johns Pass because of the expense.

I talked to Maria and she said it only ended up costing around $98 a night and she only had to come up with half now and then half upon checkout.  She said when you call, to mention "The Harbinger" or even her name and you should get a great discount.  David and I really want to do everything, but we don't know if it will happen, based on my schedule.  I don't want to commit to something, and then have it blow up in my face if I end up having to work, even though I did request the time off.  I asked my boss if she thought it would be an issue and she said she wasn't sure, because other people have requested that time off too.  In short, I guess it makes sense for you and your David to do what is right for the two of you, and me and my David will have to play it by ear.  But if I do get the time off, we would love to split the cost of a room with you, even if we have to sleep on an air mattress.  Just saying... :-*
Esperanza McDaniels
Pilot for The Harbinger

Bite'n Penny

Ambrosine

So David and I have other plans and will not be getting a room. We found a friend who lives not too far so she is trying to set us up in her place or a friend that has extra space. Yippee, even if we have to sleep in my moms van (it easily will fit a blow up matrees with the seats out.) we just need a drive way and access to a bathroom so we are good to go! That means more money to spend on the fun stuff!

** side note we will have the van so we can play taxi for those in need of rides to and from hotels if need be!  ;)
Stitch Witch of the Harbinger

Squire Mickey

Amber, parking is a NIGHTMARE. Keep that in mind when making plans. Be prepared to park 3-5 miles away and have to take a shuttle in.
Mickey Flint, Esquire
Landshark #107
IFRP #1473
Clan M'Crack P.E.T.
Captain, Ithilean Ran