News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

To Raid San Zanita: Chapter 14

Started by Obadiah Jib, April 03, 2010, 03:38:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Obadiah Jib

Chapter 14:   Flight from San Zanita

If you choose to enter the small church you see a small rough built chapel full of Catholic icons.  Candles burn in almost every niche casting the chamber in a warm glow.  The friar turns to you with a suspicious look on his face.  It is obvious to all in attendance that you are not a resident of the fortress.  You quickly discover that he is indeed Hector the brother of Pedro Luis Lopez.  Should you have earned the respect of Pedro Luis Lopez and have been given the simple wooden crucifix you can show this to the stern faced friar.  He instantly recognizes the cross as a gift he gave his twin while he attended the seminary on San Juan!  If you have not made friends with Pedro then the friar and his faithful show you the door...

Friar Hector tells you that the zombies are the creation a voodoo witch in retaliation for the Spanish occupation and desecration of certain holy sites in the area.  The zombies will not rest until everyone in San Zanita is dead; the bodies of the deceased rising again as new members of the undead horde!  The good friar suggests that the faithful make a run for the beach.  He mentions the garbage gate, as it is unlikely the walking dead have discovered its location.  He is hopeful that the long boats and canoes hidden on the beach will transport all of them to safety.  At the very least he believes that the ocean will slow the walking dead to allow time for escape.  He gives you a simple sailcloth tunic and a stout oak billet should you have lost your equipment. Friar Hector Lopez then prays over his people in Latin before they flee the sanctuary.  The peasants and slaves look about the tiny church with wild frightened eyes.  They know that dead awaits many of them outside these blessed walls.  They also don't appear to enjoy the company of a pirate.

If you have decided to enter the warehouse the first thing you discover is your equipments and clothing (should you have been taken captive).  Barrels and crates fill the structure in orderly rows.  A small table in the center of the building holds a small silk bag along with a set of scales, a ledger, a quill and ink.  Upon dumping the contents in your palm you discover a small fortune in pearls!  You also notice that at least a portion of this structure is used as storage for gunpowder.  At least twelve kegs of gunpowder are stacked against the southern wall of the warehouse.  You also discover a large quantity of slow burning match cord, flint and steel, and two powder horns full of gunpowder.  A sly smile comes to your face.  You rig the interior building to blow up!  If you have taken Artillery at either the Exceptional or Mastery level this is not problem for you to set up a slow burning fuse and run like hell.  You may add +5 to your Pirate Code score for the successful explosion. If you do not have this Skill at either the Exceptional or Mastery level the slow match burns out and you fail to blow up the powder magazine.  Should you have taken Artillery Skill as you weakness things get very ugly... you cut the slow match too short and the entire powder magazine blows up as you reach the buildings only door.  You are hurled against another building in the explosion and take two wounds in damage.  No matter how you do it you end up leaving the warehouse in extreme hast!

If you have the magic box of dirt and ash from Mambo Igbe you can use this to give yourself a free pass and escape the confines of San Zanita!

As you flee the Fortress of Zanita over run with shambling zombies who claw at the residents in attempt to rend them to shreds.  You look to the east you see that a few of the soldiers have opened the main gate and are attempting to flee.  A few of them are mounted on horseback.  You also see a group exit the church and run toward the garbage gate with a few undead in pursuit.  Which direction do you flee?  The main gate or the garbage gate?
First Mate of the Portobello Rose.
I'm not the captain, I just dress better than he does.

Capt Spleen

In the warehouse armory, my eyes brighten upon the pearly contents of the silk bag.

I can't light th' damn fuse so out th' door and down the streets I goez!

I apply some of the mudbath from the magic box before exiting the armory.

Zombies arr jus avoidin' me like I don' exsist. *hmmm, wonder if'n I be wun o th' walking dead?*

I see Gallant, his midsection barely connectin' 'iz top an bottom parts t'gather. Guess I should dirt test th' mud from Mambo Igbe.
I move around an I kick Gallant on 'iz backside. He pratically falls t' th' ground looking behind 'imself, an seemz t' seez right thru me. As this test iz repeated a few times, I start Pokin' zombies in tharr eyes, ala Th' Tres Amigos, (3 Stooges). Then I start hackin' heads off with what else but th' Mortuary Sword - Perfect fer th' walking dead, sayz I t' meself. They soon feel around fer their heads an start walking around carrying them like babes t' see. But it slows th' death feast upon th' villagers, as th' Zombies have use of only one hand now. At times some zombies pick up th' wrong head, an go crashing into walls, posts, an other zombies. It makes me laugh a hearty laugh! Soon I tire of this, and head over t' th' GATE, looking fer a horse t' commandeer.   

Welsh Wench

I'll take the gate.
With my thumb out to hitch a ride, I am swept up on horseback by a very dashing soldier.
He says, 'Munequita, esa lona no hace absolutamente nada para usted... o mí.'

To which I reply, 'I left my red dress and stilettos back at my place. Now sálgame el infierno aquí de vivo!'
Show me your tan lines..and I'll show you mine!

I just want to be Layla.....

Captain Jack Wolfe

Since my sense of smell is still in a coma from climbing the wall along side Spleen, I take the friar's counsel and make a break for the garbage gate while the zombies lumber after the horses and their riders.
"I'm not sure about people anymore. They're responsible for some pretty nutty stuff. Individuals I'm crazy about, though." ~ Opus

Blue66669

I'll take the gate as well. With my luck, the zombies will eat Spleen first...
Blaidd Drwg

Welsh Wench

With bacon and onions?

Oh, wait....that's liver. <insert icky face with tongue stuck out>
Show me your tan lines..and I'll show you mine!

I just want to be Layla.....

Lady Amy of York

I'll take  the garbage  gate .
      Anyone have  any nose  plugs ?  ;D

Lady Amy of York/CaptainAmy of FeistyLady pirateship
Cheiftess Feisty of Clan O' Doinn
HF:Sterling