News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

NEW - Medieval Mid-Summer Faire

Started by Lord Clisto of York, April 07, 2010, 02:17:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord Clisto of York

Hail my friends,

From the folks that brought us the old Camelot Medieval Faire, in Beaver Dam, Wisconsin, they are having another this summer once again. It is called the Medieval Mid-Summer Faire, put on again by LLoyd & Lisa Clarke. This one is going to be for only one day this year, but more to come the next. Below is the information about the event which Juli McCarthy posted on Facebook - 

Yesterday at 2:13pm

Ladies and gentlemen, I just got off the phone with Lisa Clark. Pressed to come up with a fund raising event by her employer (the YMCA), Lisa blurted out, "Well, how about a Medieval Faire?"

And so, the first annual Medieval Midsummer Faire is a GO. This year it is a one-day deal, but next year it comes back full-force, with a full weekend and a full joust! In the past, with Camelot, the Clarks have had nine months to prepare for each festival. This time, they have a little less than three. Which means.. HELP!

Pertinent info:
What: Medieval Midsummer Faire
When: June 19, 2010 10am-6pm
Where: Beaver Dam YMCA grounds (220 Corporate Drive, Beaver Dam, WI)
Who: Lisa & Lloyd Clark, the folks who brought us Camelot

Needed:
Vendors!
$25 for a 10x10 outdoor space. BYO tents and tables, etc.
Medieval garb required.

Entertainers:
Musicians, Faeries, Puppeteers, Variety Performers, Street Acts
(MUST be rated G - this is a family show!)
Because this is a fund raising event, it's very small-budget. There is a small token payment of $50 for each act, but you may busk your heads off and sell your CDs and other swag.

Re-enactors:
This is an outdoor gig and it is held on the soccer field of the local YMCA. The turf can be rolled back, which means open fires are permitted.

Call Lisa at 920-219-1260 for further information.
LET'S DO THIS!!!

Thanks for the info Juli

Lord Clisto
Invictus Maneo - I Remain Unvanquished

Dustin

I sent this info to an acquaintance of mine who is the leader of a Viking reenactment group near Viroqua, WI.
If love be rough with you, be rough with love;
Prick love for pricking, and you beat love down. Romeo & Juliet, 1.IV

Lord Clisto of York

Invictus Maneo - I Remain Unvanquished