News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Remembering those we lost.

Started by Nicolas-Antoine, April 07, 2010, 11:40:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nicolas-Antoine

I know on opening day there is usually a roll call to remember our friends and family that we lost this year. Does anyone have any details on where and when that will be?

squiregaby

If someone finds out...please let me know, I'd like to be there since I couldn't attend any of the funerals :(  Send word to the Lists or get Meg to text me
Squire Gaby
Squire to the Knights of the most Noble Cause

raevyncait

Leah posted this note on her Facebook:
The Names of the Fallen will be called at Faire on opening Day (April 10th) at NOON. Instead of the Guard Tent (next to which there is now a new large swing-ride) the Memorial will be held at the Market Cross in the Crown Meadow. Basically, come through the gates, go down the hill as if you were to go to Crown Stage where Don Juan and Miguel perform, and the Market Cross is there on the left of the meadow.

If you were ever Royal Guard, or knew Chris, Kiev or Jessalyn, please try to attend.

Later at Pub Sing we will raise a toast to Chris. More formal plans are not being made at Faire at the moment - I personally need to be able to get through this season. I am on cast this year (as a Gypsy, so no hugs, please, save those for after closing cannon) and have to be able to play in the lanes without crying all the time!

Your support through all of this is GREATLY appreciated.

Thank you,

Leah
aka Jofranka Whispersteppe
formerly Capt Marga
Raevyn
IWG 3450
The ORIGINAL Pipe Wench
Wench @ Large #2
Resident Scottish Gypsy
Royal Aromatherapist

captmarga

If there are names of Guard (or Musketeers) that you would like called, we need to let Capt. Sharpe know asap so that he can make a list.  On Memorial Day, there is another ceremony, the one on Opening is the calling of the Fallen of the Guard, and their loved ones. 

Email me at captmarga at hotmail.com if you have a name to be called and I will forward to Capt. Sharpe.

Leah/Marga/Jofranka
Corp Capt Marga, Dame Den Mother, Scarborough Royal Guard.  Keeper of the Costume Closet.  Artist, Rennie, Etc, etc, etc

Nicolas-Antoine

Thank you Leah and Raevyn for the information.