News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Opening Weekend

Started by Carl Heinz, April 12, 2010, 01:35:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carl Heinz

It was one of the best I can remember.  The pre-opening crowd at the gate was one of the largest for a first day that I've seen.  Most of the guests played with me quite readily.

Sunday opening was a bit slower, but it really picked up later in the day.

The old custom of giving label ribbons to guests indicating their number of years of attendance was revived and most guests I talked with were quire willing to be "ribboned".

There was a high level of enthusiasm by all.

The crafts people I talked to were also happy with their sales.
Carl Heinz
Guild of St Cuthbert

The Lady Mercedes

That's great to hear! I can't wait to go! ;D
Why be mundane when you can be a Rennie?!

Carl Heinz

Judy (my lady of nearly 50 years) underwent an appendectomy around midnight Wednesday night.

All appears of have gone well and the present guess is that she'll be able to come home Friday evening.

So, we'll not be able to be there this weekend.  Hope everyone else will have fun there, though.
Carl Heinz
Guild of St Cuthbert

Annastina

Give her our best wishes for a speedy recovery.  Surprise surgery is never fun.  Hope she is up and about soon.
In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

Carl Heinz

Thanks.  She's now home and ensconced on the living room couch with pillows protecting her stomach from the adoring hound pack.
Carl Heinz
Guild of St Cuthbert

Becky10

I hope she is doing well and is getting plenty of rest and recovery.

My sister just had an appendectomy while studying in Italy, lucky for her our hound pack was stil in the U.S ;)
The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on