News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

kid-friendly movies

Started by uncletimcobleigh, April 30, 2009, 06:45:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

uncletimcobleigh

Quote from: Morgan Dreadlocke on May 10, 2009, 12:50:47 PM
An If ye can find  it, the recently rereleased "Dr Syn, The Scarecrow of Romney Marsh". Good Disney stuff but scarse as frogs hair.

I need to watch that one just for myself. I loved that one when I was a kid, back when Disney was Sunday evening on network TV. I have the theme music in my head already!

Tammy

Another one to add to this list is the recently released How to Train Your Dragon....AWESOME MOVIE!!! LOVED IT!!!!!!
;D ;D ;D ;D :D
Royal Protector of Raccoons, Mistress of the Poi, Best Friend of Windland/Nim, Guppy, Seamstress for The Feisty Lady.

Becky10

Quote"The Princess of Thieves" - Disney (2001) starring Keira Knightley as the daughter of Robin Hood.
"A Kid in King Arthur's Court" - Disney (1995)

Two great choices!
Ever After is also really good and very tame.A Man for All Seasons is King HenryVIII and was like by my friend now sure how a younger viewer would like it, rated G.

I cant think of any Elizabeth that are toned down or not a documentary but here are some    "realated-ish" movies.

Quest for Camelot! I loved that movie.
The Storyteller, haven't seen it myself but from what I've heard its good.
Willow, Never ending Story, Eargon?, The Prince and the Pauper with Alan Bates(or Errol Flynn if they like old style stuff), Prince Valiant maybe, yet again an older movie.

If they like musicals Pirates Of Penzance.(The movie version with Kevin Kline not the stage recording)
I couldn't get enough of it when i was little
The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on

Steev

I second Willow, Princess of Thieves, Labyrinth (tho a little campy and some weirdness with the David Bowie and teenybopper codpieced ballroom scenes...), Dark Crystal.  Might add any of the old Zorros (Yeah, I know they're not period), and there's a new series from Canada, Jane and the Dragon available on DVD- my girls 7 and 9 love it and it's pretty smart writing as well.

I always loved 3 (and 4) musketeers but I haven't seen for a long while.
Born too late.  But not too late for faires.

LadyFae

Yes!  I totally agree with Willow (named my oldest daughter from it!,) Labrinth, Jane and the Dragon, How to Train Your Dragon, Three Musketeers, Princess Bride, Neverending Story, Everafter, Disney's Robin Hood, ect.  Yeah, I can't add anything new but I agree with most of the titles mentioned!  My girls have watched all of the above with me more than once!  =D
Amanda  =D

"Do not call for your mother.  Who is it that you think let the demons in to eat you up?"

TiaLD77

Ladyhawk!  I taped it off of TV when I was 10-ish and wore the tape out.
I want to play with your head like a drunk kitten:)

Becky10

Quote from: TiaLD77 on April 10, 2010, 08:17:57 PM
Ladyhawk!  I taped it off of TV when I was 10-ish and wore the tape out.

Yes! Really great movie, thats where i got my nickname Mouse.  ;D
The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on

Steev

IF you can get past the godawful soundtrack.  Who thought synthesizer would "Set the mood" for a medieval movie? :P
Born too late.  But not too late for faires.