News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

What Would You Like To Know?

Started by Craigmeister, August 27, 2023, 12:16:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Craigmeister

Greetings!  This fall and winter, I plan to begin holding panel interviews with Renfaire owners, vendors, performers and patrons.

What kinds of questions do you have that you would like answered by such finely esteemed people?
Providing faire information for over 10 years (updated monthly).  Visit www.meistersrealm.com to find all the Renaissance & Celtic-type Festivals in North America.  There's much more to see and do in 'The Realm' as well.

RefMom3

What an interesting idea. Maybe ask owners what they would like patrons to know, in terms of what is actually required in the running of a faire. Maybe for performers how they try to keep an act true to the spirit of historical entertainment while keeping their act fresh. Maybe for vendors ask how they balance being able to craft items people will want while still keeping costs affordable for everyone. As a patron, even a long-time patron, I know I have no idea what they have to do to keep a faire viable.

Craigmeister

Huzzah, RefMom3!  I like those!  I will definitely incorporate them into my questions.  Grammercy!
Providing faire information for over 10 years (updated monthly).  Visit www.meistersrealm.com to find all the Renaissance & Celtic-type Festivals in North America.  There's much more to see and do in 'The Realm' as well.

RefMom3

You're most welcome; very happy to help! After I'd sent them, I thought this was an example of why I'm not a journalist ;)

RenStarr

I'm not sure how prevalent this is, but why the move to have "date specific" tickets?  I've always enjoyed buying tickets early that are general admission that can be used any day. Sometimes life stuff gets in the way and sometimes weather can be a factor in the decision to spend a day in Faire.  Tickets that are date "flexible" is a big plus.
Spiced rum....hmmmmm
Greetings, try this.
Starr Gazzer.
2013 TRF AHE RenNado.....heck of a night

Craigmeister

Good question, RenStarr!  Not many Ren or Scotfests in or around Oklahoma have date-specific tickets.  I can't imagine they do that so they can have enough food or water on those days by knowing the expected number of patrons.  They wouldn't know which food vendor would get frequented.