News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Started by DeadBishop, May 30, 2008, 09:55:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DeadBishop

We've been working on how to handle the fact that we can't have a profile picture in our profiles now, but that avatars are part of this new site.  I believe it's time to move forward with allowing everyone to have an avatar/profile picture.  However, there are stipulations.

1)  The avatar will need to be a picture of yourself since it will also serve at your profile picture. 

2)  It must be faire related.  That's why we're here, folks.   :)

3)  It must be somewhat tasteful.  Knowing how some pictures from faire turn out, I'll be lenient on this.  It will be my discretion as to the final say of the avatar as to whether it is appropriate or not.

4)  You must have permission from the photographer to use the picture you want as your avatar. 

5)  Avatars are limited to a size of 100 x 100.

6)  As with the old site, you will need to host the avatar at a web-based storage site like Photobucket or Flickr.

7)  At this time, I would like all members to have a static avatar; that is, a single, non-animated image.  My personal avatar was made in a way so members could differentiate my posts from the rest. 

These guidelines will probably be refined over time, but for now, I believe they cover the bases fairly well.  If anyone needs help creating an avatar, let me know.

R/F.com member since 2003

renfairephotog

Noess people can't know what I look like. off to photo bucket to see what I have there.
Twenty seasons of covering renaissance  festivals. Photos/calendar/blog.
Fairy photographer

Erynn

DB do I have your permission to use the picture you took of me in 2006? (Dis one?)

;D

DeadBishop

Quote from: Erynn on May 30, 2008, 10:22:22 PM
DB do I have your permission to use the picture you took of me in 2006? (Dis one?)

;D

Of course.   :)

Erynn

renfairephotog

Ok updated.  New old profile pic is resized and back.
Fairy photographer

renfairephotog

And here's how to add an avatar.

Click profile then look for Forum Profile Information on the left.

Forum Profile Information enables you to enter optional personal details such as gender, birthdate, location, website and instant messenger contact information. It's also where you go to enter your own personal text and signature and select an avatar (personal picture) from one of your own on the web.
Fairy photographer

DeadBishop

Thanks RFP....I was getting to that.   ;)

Leyla

Someone linked to a photo resizer thingy.  Can we get that link posted here again for the size limit on the avatar.  I'm clearly having trouble with mine.  Photo shows on my profile alteration page when I put in the address, but am getting just the little blue box with a question mark instead of a photo for my posts right now.

Thanks!

Oh, and YAY AVATARS!  WOOT!!!

DeadBishop

Here's one free online site for resizing;

http://www.picresize.com/

eloquentXI

Still Meggers, just a little more grown up now. :)

Just Randall

Gee, I like avatars! Faces, names, all that good junk!!
Mediocrity is the refuge of the unimaginative...

renren

Hey, is this allright?
If not, just lemme know, and I'll change it...
Renren
Wench  #  3783
Treasure Guardian and giggling interrogator of the "Feisty Lady"

Guppy # 32 ROoL

SleepyArcher

yay...

now if you will excuse me I must find more purple.
Knight, FOP, Pirate, Woodsman...I am a man of many faces.

theChuck

Cheers to the admins for opening this up.

Now if only I had a pic to use...
The Renlist - find faires near you!