News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

OKRF 2010 Season Attendance

Started by Rani Zemirah, April 22, 2010, 12:31:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rani Zemirah

Oh, how cool!  We're also in Edmond, and it's nice to have a fellow R/Fer so close!  I'm excited to say hello at the meet-n-greet at TRF closing weekend, since my daughter and I will be down there, also!  Make sure you get to the Prince of Wales pub right after the parade, and you will meet lots of us from all over!!!  Also, feel free to ask any questions you might have, of me, or anyone else here on R/F, since we're all a pretty friendly bunch and really enjoy enabling new Faire obsessions!  :D  heheh
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

Craigmeister

Thanks. Living down in Texas, we have always attended Scaroborough R/F. But, they have steadily been increasing ticket prices (actually in big chunks) and we are looking at attending other Faires instead. We went to Norman for the first time last year, but the weather ended up being terrible. We will try again this year.
[/quote]

I have enjoyed the Four Winds Faire the last 2 springs.  It's just southeast of Tyler, TX.  It has a very family-friendly atmosphere and is quite a bit cheaper than Scarby.  I hope I can make it back in '11.
Providing faire information for over 10 years (updated monthly).  Visit www.meistersrealm.com to find all the Renaissance & Celtic-type Festivals in North America.  There's much more to see and do in 'The Realm' as well.

Rani Zemirah

I've heard a bit about Four Winds, also.  Enough to make me want to visit...  I believe they have patron camping, also, unless I'm mistaken?
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

Craigmeister

Yes they do.  It's very near the faire site.  I'm told that the accommodations are very nice.
Providing faire information for over 10 years (updated monthly).  Visit www.meistersrealm.com to find all the Renaissance & Celtic-type Festivals in North America.  There's much more to see and do in 'The Realm' as well.

Archer

Quote from: Craigmeister on November 18, 2010, 07:25:15 AM
OKRF is not the only Renfaire in the state.  Check out www.meistersrealm.com to see the other faires in and around Oklahoma.  Godspeed to your next faire!

Nice work Craigmeister.  The pics of the King's Champion Tulsa event were good to see.  It was a nice event with the location in the trees at Chandler.  Much nicer.  You are on the board for that event still ?   http://www.meistersrealm.com/
Want a better world ?   Be a better person.

Every person is a new door to a different world.

Craigmeister

Thank you.  It's a passion of mine.

Aye, I'm still on the board.  We have meetings at 6:30 on the last Wednesday of each month at Chandler Park's new community center if you're interested.  They are open to anyone & we're always looking for more participants.   

Archer

Quote from: Craigmeister on February 27, 2011, 01:27:12 AM
Thank you.  It's a passion of mine.

Aye, I'm still on the board.  We have meetings at 6:30 on the last Wednesday of each month at Chandler Park's new community center if you're interested.  They are open to anyone & we're always looking for more participants.  

Wish there was time for that.  The drive time to get there for meetings would be a problem.  I'll be in attendance at that event again this year.  It was a good event and fun/nice location.  Keep us posted on things with that event ?  Will also check your link/site for updates.  

Lionforgesmithy

We were told that they had it a week early last year due to the day easter fell on. It was a cold windy weekend most everybody wanted to come stand next to the forge that weekend. I'm looking forward to The Norman fair and the castle this year their almost here ( I need to get to work  :-\)

Rani Zemirah

Just barely over 4 weeks to go until Norman!  Can't wait to get a little Faire in this year... finally!  I'm hoping that there will be a few southern border dwellers coming up for at least a day this year, so we can have a bit of a meet-n-greet and tailgate in the parking lot!  Everyone is welcome, so hope to see lots of folks there!  There's a thread for it in the Southern Smaller Faires forum, if any of you are interested! 
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

Archer

Quote from: Merlin the Elder on May 17, 2010, 03:33:45 PM
I still haven't seen much info on this faire.  Is it worth a 3.5 hour drive? We love Scarby and it's 5.5 hours from home. I realize that the two faires are going to be different, but would we be disappointed in the quality of the experience at the Castle? (Am I being too picky?)

The OKRF at Castleton won some type of award as "best tourist attraction in Oklahoma" for last year, 2010,  so I read somewhere.  I posted some video in one of the other threads that will connect you to a "day" example of the Castleon faire at Muskogee from 2009.   Its presented well but taken on Memorial Day of 2009 which drew away from the event population/attendance as special holidays sometimes do. 

Merlin the Elder

Since I wrote that, Archer, I've seen and heard much, all good, about your faire.  It is our intention to make it there this year, though the date has not been decided.

Looking at your caption to the photo a couple posts above, you say "Pay no attention to what the left hand is doing.  A license to practice is a good thing."  Where can I get one of those licenses?  ;)
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

Archer

Excellent that you have decided to attend.  

As for the license, it is self issued and any who attempt to lay hand upon it would face the Archer's wrath.   You'll find many a willing wench in attendance who would also permit you to take such license.  The Ladys of the Scarlet Pillow come well recommended.

Care for a very small advance sample of menu ?   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jeSyq1iYlbA

Something in fairness/equality for the female forum visitors ?  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KpQqMJznxVM

The females in attendance can often be heard speaking the words "check out that codpiece".  It is mentioned so one might consider attire selections of popularity in the population.   ;D

Merlin the Elder

It's been some time since any wench was checking out my codpiece, which is probably all for the better as m'Lady Nimue has picked up a few spells in the many years she has spent with me.  And with respect to the license, I would be much safer just keeping my learner's permit which is only valid with her...  :)

Archer

I remember reading somewhere that Merlin was "wise".  It pays to be wise my friend, in all things but especially the exercise of limited license to practice.  ;D

See you in Muskogee . . . with a promise of a Killian's Red  on me, to celebrate your successful journey.

Merlin the Elder

Most kind of you, good Archer! I look forward to that.