News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

My Kitty has gone to heaven

Started by LadyOren, May 31, 2008, 06:31:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LadyOren

Last night when I returned home my 19yr old kitty Teke had a massive stroke and left this world to join the angels.  It has been the hardest on my Daughter Rachael as Teke slept with her nightly, waking her up right on schedule every morning even after she had lost her vision.  May our prayers grant her save passage into the next realm and give my Daughter strength to get past this grief. Peace and blessings

Good bye Teke, my friend
When I'm gone look for me beneath your boots, for I have returned to the ground from which I came.   Walt Whitman

Lady Renee Buchanan

I found this on the internet one day when our young dog had unexpectedly died of cancer.  My sorrow goes out to you and your daughter. 

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.
When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

A real Surf Diva
Landshark who loves water
Chieftesse Surf'n Penny of Clan O'Siodhachain,
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 
Member since the beginning of RF
All will be well. St. Julian of Norwich

Element of Air

I am so sorry to hear that. I know exactly how it feels as I have also gone through a pet passing recently. My your daughter be strong. You had many years to enjoy and make wonderful memories. Keep those memories close.
Royal Duchess of Air, Music and Beauty in the court of Queen Bonnie.
FOKTOP
Royal Order of Landsharks, Guppy No. 25

CatAshtrophy

I'm so sorry about your kitty. I lost mine from cancer a few years ago. It sounds like your cat was a very special one.

DonaCatalina

You have my heartfelt sympathy. I know how much of a shock it is for them to go so suddenly. Strength be with you.
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

Lady Amy of York

My heart goes out to you and your daughter ! Sending prayers of comfort for both of you.
Lady Amy of York/CaptainAmy of FeistyLady pirateship
Cheiftess Feisty of Clan O' Doinn
HF:Sterling

renren

lighting a candle for all 3 of you!
((hugs))
Renren
Wench  #  3783
Treasure Guardian and giggling interrogator of the "Feisty Lady"

Guppy # 32 ROoL

Lady Mikayla of Phoenicia

Blessings to you and yours as your furkid joins others at the Rainbow Bridge. 
"Embrace those who love you and rid yourself of those who bring you down."

anne of oaktower

How terribly heartbreaking when we lose the four-footed members of our family.  A prayer has been sent up for you and your daughter.
aka: Oak-hearted Annie / Anne of Oak Barrel / Barefoot Annie

"It is never too late to be what you might have been."

lady serena

I'm sorry to hear of your loss, my thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family.
Guppy # 81
Fins up

Deborah

I'm so sorry to hear of your kitty's passing. My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your daughter.
If all is going well, you've obviously overlooked something!

laedyfaire

so sorry for your loss. it is so painful when a beloved pet passes on. she had a great life with all of you for 19 years! prayers to St. Francis for your kitty. LF

LadyOren

Thanks everyone for your show of support.  I've let Rachael read them too, were both doing better, the hard part now is watching the our other cat look for her still.  Especially Pepper, he grew up around Teke and he seems lost without her, just keeps going to all her favorite spots that she would lay in looking for her, then comes to us with this plead in his voice.  So sad.  Tiger we have only had for about a month and he seems unphased by it, but she kept him at bay due to his over mischiefness as a youngly.
When I'm gone look for me beneath your boots, for I have returned to the ground from which I came.   Walt Whitman

RenRobin

Loki-terr (in training)

Lady Ann of Draycott

I am so sorry to hear of your loss Lady Oren! Our pets are such a treasure and surely do leave a hole in our hearts when they go.  Sending prayers, positive energies, good thoughts and healing vibes to you and your daughter during this sad time.
Collector of Wine and Roses
Clan McLotofus Elder
Landshark No. 96

RedHatQueen

I'm so sorry to hear that.  I'm a huge animal lover and we have 8 rescue kitties.  We lost our rescue Pit 10 months ago and hopefull she met your lovely kitty at Rainbow Bridge.
There is a great site if you google Rainbow Bridge...where you can pay tribute to your little one.

Blessings.
Red Hat Ren Queen a.k.a Mari