News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Cha-cha-cha-changes......and the enterntainment schedule is up!

Started by Mixsae, April 29, 2010, 07:16:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mixsae

You can go to the main site and click on the entertainment schedule.
http://www.tnrenfest.com/entert.htm

Looks like Craig's been moved to one rated G stage show on the Washing Well Stage and the Red Hook (formerly the Hammer Beam) Pub no longer exists...it's now the Magic Hat Pub (wtf)

Axel and the belly dancers play at that stage...what does either of them have to do with "Magic Hats" when the performers that do majic play differant stages...

and don't get me started on why the Belly Dancers don't play the Bazar stage like every other belly dancing act has over the years...

Ok...my morning rant...I haven't had coffee yet.

In a nutshell...act placement still seems a little puzzling as always...schedule has quite a bit of labeling this year in regards to ratings (G, PG,PG13)

Like it or not...this is our lineup for the season.

Mixsae

Nevermind...I now see the reasoning behind Magic Hat pub..

Huzzah for Corporate Sponsorship.... :P

renfairephotog

Craig only had one show last year.  I asked him about it he said he liked walking the lanes and doing the ballad singing. 
I don't like him or empty hats being labeled  G might restrict the playlists. They are really working on the Family friendly aspect of the faire that why they posted rating on schedule and near the stages.

Only ONE  chessmatch this year!

But the Crosswinds stage is back! It's where first aid was. First aid has moved about where the crosswind stage was. But the entrance is on the hill. There's a booth where the crosswind audience sat. Last year there were food vendors there.

Belly Dancers not on Bazzar stage. I don't like it either. The lighting not as good over at the pub. Last year they got rid of Crosswinds stage and moved the music acts to the bigger Bazzar stage. I guess that's why the dancers were moved.
Twenty seasons of covering renaissance  festivals. Photos/calendar/blog.
Fairy photographer

amy

I'm confuuuuuused....   I guess I will just have to get there to see all the new digs. ???

renfairephotog

They have a new sponsor for the pub so they renamed it.  They moved a few booths, vendors,  and a stage for better traffic flow.
Fairy photographer

Mixsae

There was a traffic flow issue towards the back...but another exists at the very opening of fair....the first crossroads by the garden leading over to the food vendors. Even with low attendence last year it was bad on Pirate invasion weekend.

As I recall last year, they had moved the lemonade stand and the corn stand down by where the crosswinds was. It actually freed up conjestion on the path with the other food vendors...did they move it back?

I know Craig likes lane work...it's just going to be odd to have him on the entire other side of the festival. Glad to see merry Tales back as well...there's just part of me that likes certain acts at that small stage (Crosswinds)

The pub is covered....usually good audiances since people like to get out of the shade and or...I dare not say the "r" word (rymes with pain) But with the Highland Manor right behind, there does tend to be carryover volume issues with both stages. If one is miked and the other isnt...you tend to get double the show....sorry but drums tend to carry....I noticed that quite a bit last year...but now the Highland Manor has bagpipes...that should be interesting duel of volume. I'll have to go look at the schedule again to see how it looks in comparrison Belly dancing music or bagpipes...who will win?

Is it time yet?

renfairephotog

I think the lemonade stand is in the same spot as last year.

We'll know in 36 hours. 
Fairy photographer

Chelsy

It's going to be a bit strange with things in different places now, but I imagine we'll all get used to it rather quickly. Of course, I'm looking to y'all to report how it is, since I'm not gonna be there until the 15th.
TNRF (2003-2015, 2017)
CRF (2012-present)
GARF (2015-present)
KYHRF (2005-2009)

amy

I just wonder that if we do get some ugly skies and the crowd tends to want to stay pub-bound if they will rotate the music there for use.  I don't really want to see the belly dancers 4 times in one day.

Mixsae

Probably not...

If you check the schedule, Rashaka has 3 shows at the Pub, Axel has 4 and the only show times open their not playing only leaves Sloanwolfe possibly available. Everyone else has shows at the same time as Rashaka and Axel.

renfairephotog

If it's raining real hard they musicians wont carry their guitars in the bad weather.  You might see some cast improv.
Fairy photographer

renfairephotog

Hey I got the first Sloane Wolfe cd of the day.

now to see if I can hear it over the boot dryer.
Fairy photographer

amy

Brilliant!!!    I forgot my lovely hunter husband has a boot dryer!    Yeee Ha!

wyldfire

Thought I would let it be known that Axel will have new CD out this year......containing the song that was censored -- just for a bit -- from the FL this year......heh heh

If this shows up REEEEALLLY huge, i'll be mortified, SO I'm sending my apologies in advance!!!!!!!

Here's hoping to a rain free weekend!!!! 

Mrs. Sot *LOL*  That there's funny.....I don't care who you are!!!!

wyldfire

CRAP......bigger than I wanted.  So sorry folks, how embarrassing.

Athena

Quote from: wyldfire on May 06, 2010, 09:01:54 PM
Thought I would let it be known that Axel will have new CD out this year......containing the song that was censored -- just for a bit -- from the FL this year......heh heh

Is he gonna be performing it at GLMF?  ;D
A book is like a garden carried in the pocket. ~ Chinese Proverb

wyldfire

CapnFayeCutler

Yay new Axel CD! He is definitely one of my favorites!
Slack'n Penny -  Chieftess, Clan Byrne of the IPB
IFRP# 1264 IWG #3575
RoOL 26 | Castleteer | ETTE

renfairephotog

I saw the cd right before they announced the festival was closing.
Fairy photographer