News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

My grandfather

Started by wyckdblyss, May 06, 2010, 08:06:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wyckdblyss

I hate to have to ask, but my family needs more healing energy...

We had to put my Grandfather in the hospital almost two weeks ago...complications from Diabetes. His reading at the ER was over 800, and was going into renal failure. Wednesday we found out they are going to have to amputate his leg (above the knee), we thought they were going to do this yesterday...turns out he has had a pretty big stroke (within the last couple days), so they can't do it yet. Apparantly he has alot of little clots in his brain that is causing him to have mini strokes too, so all they can do is give him pain meds until it calms down so they can do the surgery. I finally got to go see him yesterday, and he did not remember me being there. Then last night, he got really aggitated and would not calm down for the nurses so my mom had to go up to the hospital to see if she could get him to calm down. Please keep him in your thoughts and prayers, I know he will never be the same again, and I am not asking for that...I just want him to finish out his time peacefully and the strokes to come to an end.

Thank you all in advance.
WyckdBlyss,
Royal Order of Lansharks Guppy No. 70

Hausfrau Monica

Prayers are on their way for you and yours for calm and patience

Lady Lil

My heart and prayers go out to you and your family. Blessed be.

Baroness de Vale

Prayers of peace and comfort for you and your family!

Lady Guinevere

I will be praying for you and yours.  So sorry to hear this.
Clan McLotofus Elder

irish

Prayers and good thoughts are being sent your way.
Keep strong!
irish
irish~ren ~
Cruise Director ~
Clan O'Doinn (Sterling) ~
Irish Penny Brigade (New York)

wyckdblyss

Just wanted to let you all know how PawPaw is doing. He had surgery on Monday afternoon and it went well. He is still not completely awake from anestesia (sp) yet though. The dr. says that they are not worried about that, because with his age, it is expected. They took his leg from above the knee, and say that the tissue from there up is still in good shape. Not sure if they are going to try for a fake leg or not...I am thinking not. He did have an acute stroke last week and several mini strokes, so he is not doing well in that aspect...his memory is pretty shot and he does not seem to recognize people most of the time. They had to put in a feeding tube yesterday, because he is not eating, so that has us a little worried...but it is kind of hard to eat when you sleep all the time. Other than that, I really don't know much else, I have not been up to see him since last week...not able to take the baby up. Anyway, I will let you all know more when I hear something else. Thank you all again for your prayers, energy and support.
WyckdBlyss,

Lady Lil

Thanks for keeping us posted, I'm still sending prayers, engery, support, and hugs to you and your family.

Rani Zemirah

Keeping your grandfather, you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.  Hugs
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

lordwriothsley

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family at this time wckydblyss. Please continue to keep us posted on how your grandpa is doing lass.
Irish Penny Brigade
IBRSC# 1584
Part Time Noble
Full Time Rogue
Overall Ren Geek
Man of many names
"Did I say that"

wyckdblyss

PawPaw, is now at a point where he is not really responding to people. He will occassionally open his eyes, but he does not know anyone and does not remember anything. We are currently waiting to hear the results of some tests they ran...will let you all know more when I find out.
WyckdBlyss,

Rani Zemirah

I'm so sorry to hear this, hon.  I'm glad he has his family around him, and can feel all the love and support you're giving him.  I'll continue praying for healing, and comfort... for all of you.  Take care of yourself. 
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

wyckdblyss

Thank you so very much for your love and support...I don't know what I would do if I did not have my extended family on the forum. Love you all!!!! :-*
WyckdBlyss,

lordwriothsley

Oh honey I am so sorry to hear this. Please know that you and your family are still in my thoughts and prayers at this time m'lady.
Irish Penny Brigade
IBRSC# 1584
Part Time Noble
Full Time Rogue
Overall Ren Geek
Man of many names
"Did I say that"

wyckdblyss

Morning all,

Just wanted to let you know...the decision has been made to put PawPaw into Hospice. The dr. told Mom yesterday, that there is nothing else they can do for him. They also said that he will continue to have strokes...he has apparently had another one on the left side. He has lost his speech ability, and they are still having trouble getting him to respond. So, they are going to set up for a Liason to come talk to Mom & Granny about it all, and figure out where they are going to send him.
WyckdBlyss,

Rani Zemirah

I'm so sorry, hon.  I know exactly how hard this is, because we just went through it with my grandma in March.  I do believe that even if he is unable to respond he can still hear you on some level, and I know he will find comfort in having his loved ones around him.  I'll pray for comfort for your grandfather and strength for your family in this difficult time, as well as healing for all of you.  My heart is with you, dear...
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

Merlin the Elder

Rani is right... After my Granny had a bad stroke, we knew her time was limited. She couldn't communicate at all, and everyone said that she didn't know anyone or anything. But I went to see her anyway, held her hand and told her that I loved her. Everyone told me I was imagining things, but I saw in her eyes an ever-slight response to that. It's hard to say it, but we were grateful that she didn't suffer much longer.

I know what you're going through, and I wish there were some words of wisdom I could offer to ease your pain. It never hurts to tell him you love him. My thoughts are with you.
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

Lady Kett

Irish, lots of love, support and prayers are on the way to you.

lordwriothsley

Oh honey i'm so sorry to hear this. Please know that you and your family do continue to be in my thoughts and prayers during this very difficult time for you all right now.

Hugs and love to you as always my dear.
Irish Penny Brigade
IBRSC# 1584
Part Time Noble
Full Time Rogue
Overall Ren Geek
Man of many names
"Did I say that"

irish

My thoughts and prayers, continue to be with you.
Just a touch from you and he will know you are there.
Be strong!
irish~ren ~
Cruise Director ~
Clan O'Doinn (Sterling) ~
Irish Penny Brigade (New York)

wyckdblyss

I know it has been along time since I have posted anything, but I wanted to let you all know that PawPaw was called home on the 26th of May. I want to sincerely thank you all for your thoughts, prayers and kind words during his fight. I love you all!
WyckdBlyss,

lordwriothsley

I am so sorry for your loss. Please know that you and your entire family are in my thoughts and prayers during this time of sadness right now.
Irish Penny Brigade
IBRSC# 1584
Part Time Noble
Full Time Rogue
Overall Ren Geek
Man of many names
"Did I say that"

Merlin the Elder

My sincerest condolences... I'm sending as much positive energy to you as I can to help you in your pain.
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

Rani Zemirah

My dear, I am so sorry to hear this, although I have to wonder if he isn't somewhere enjoying a heaping spoonful of my Grandma's Methodist pudding just now, because if there is anything even remotely resembling a Heaven, then that is surely the official dessert, and my grandma will be greeting at the gate with a bowl and spoon in her hand, ready to welcome any newcomers and make sure they can find their way around...

He's in some pretty good company, I'm sure of it.  I will be praying that peace and happy memories help to heal the pain of parting for you and your family, and that smiles soon wipe away the tears.  Peace, dear...
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

wyckdblyss

Thanks Rani...and everyone else too  :)
I know he is in good hands on the other side...I know that he was greeted by his mother and grandmother, also my daughter and my Daddy. Whatever the other side offers, I know in my heart that he is there whole and happy, and surounded by loved ones. He is missed terribly...esp. by my toddler who can't figure out why PawPaw's chair is empty all day...but I know that he is better now, he is not suffering and does not have to take all those pills or worry about his blood sugar anymore.
WyckdBlyss,