News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Jubilee Olde English Faire in Illinois

Started by savageminstrel, May 31, 2008, 09:00:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

savageminstrel

There was a thread for The Jubilee Olde English Faire, a nice little one in Peoria. I had the pleasure and honor of playing there last season.
It is held on the weekend of June 21, and 22 (I just checked my entertainers' pass) this year. (2008) and is well worth the trip.
Hope to see some of you there.

SM

Lady Renee Buchanan

I have sent an email to Jim Tuminelli, one of the directors.  This site lists the dates as June 21 & 22, 2008.

http://www.illiton.org/jubilee2008/index.html

When I hear back from him, I'll post his answer.

For those considering this faire:  it is great!  A smaller faire than Bristol, but lots of entertainment, very good prices from the vendors, and always a happy feeling in the air.

We will be there on the Sunday, as usual. 
A real Surf Diva
Landshark who loves water
Chieftesse Surf'n Penny of Clan O'Siodhachain,
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 
Member since the beginning of RF
All will be well. St. Julian of Norwich

Lady Renee Buchanan

I received a message back from Jubilee College.  The Olde English Faire will be held on June 21 & 22 this year.

Shall we arrange a meet and greet if there will be forum members attending?
A real Surf Diva
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 

savageminstrel

Quote from: Lady Renee Buchanan on June 01, 2008, 07:45:24 PM
I received a message back from Jubilee College.  The Olde English Faire will be held on June 20 & 21 this year.

Shall we arrange a meet and greet if there will be forum members attending?

I am glad you corrected that one for me, as I am playing there....lol
I look forward to seeing you again this year.. :)
kevin

Lady Renee Buchanan

Just got today's Renaissance Magazine in the mail.  There is the Jubilee info in there, too. 

Looking forward to seeing you.  Please post when you will be playing so we can catch your show.  We will be the ones wearing the R/F pins!!
A real Surf Diva
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 

Escarlata

And thanks, Lady Renee, for posting the website. I had tried to find one for the calendar at FaireNews with no success. Huzzah to you and ... we'll see you at Faire!!
Esc be no lady!
Bringing Good and Bad Dreams...as appropriate
FaireNews-spreading the Joy of Faire, one post at a time

Phillip McGuinness

Jubilee College is the best small faire I've ever been to! Alas, it's been a couple years since I've been able to make it. Have fun for me there, eh?
Got any ale?

www.drunknsailor.com

Whistler Fred

I'll be performing there with my Merry Measure bandmates John & Wendy.  I'd love to meet and greet between song sets!
Whistler Fred (Lauritzen)

"Get ready for the Whistler.  I'll whistle along on the seventh day."  Ian Anderson

Escarlata

Quote from: Escarlata on June 03, 2008, 07:10:56 AM
Huzzah to you and ... we'll see you at Faire!!

Sorry to have caused confusion, guess I should have said We'll see you eventually at Faire. Leinad and I will not be at Jubilee.
Esc be no lady!
Bringing Good and Bad Dreams...as appropriate
FaireNews-spreading the Joy of Faire, one post at a time

Lady Renee Buchanan

savageminstrel and Whistler Fred,

Please post your Sunday show times and locations.  That way, we can try to find a good time for the Meet & Greet and picture taking.

We will be there with a whole gang of newbies who are all excited!

Definitely looking forward to meeting new forum members and seeing old ones again.
A real Surf Diva
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 

Whistler Fred

Hi, Lady Renee Buchanan!

Merry Measure will be on Stage II at 12:15, 1:45 and 3:00 on Sunday, plus we'll be marching in the opening parade.

Looking forward to meeting everyone!
Whistler Fred (Lauritzen)

"Get ready for the Whistler.  I'll whistle along on the seventh day."  Ian Anderson

Lord and Lady Alberon

We would like to say ~Hello~ and that it was very nice to have met Lady Renee Buchanan & her husband & also Whistler Fred, John & Wendy at the Faire.
:) Lady Renee we would like to have one of your favors when you get the chance to make more. Thanks.

FOKTOP
Royal Order of Landsharks

Lady Renee Buchanan

Quote from: Lord and Lady Alberon on July 07, 2008, 09:26:38 PM
We would like to say ~Hello~ and that it was very nice to have met Lady Renee Buchanan & her husband & also Whistler Fred, John & Wendy at the Faire.
:) Lady Renee we would like to have one of your favors when you get the chance to make more. Thanks.

I don't have any pictures to post from Jubilee, because we took the old fashioned camera.  Thanks for posting your picture.  It was a great faire, and wonderful to meet all of you. 

About the favors -- of course I'll give you a favor.  However -- and this is so unbelievable, yet sadly true -- Walmart in Galena doesn't have any green ribbon!  I've checked for over a month, and they never have it.  All the other colors, but not green!  I will have to try to get to one of the craft stores in Dubuque to find some ribbon.  Then I'll be able to make more.
A real Surf Diva
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 

Lady Renee Buchanan

Bump to top.

Ahhhhhhhhh!  I just got word from the horse's mouth (the people at Jubilee College) that there's no faire this year.

That pathetic excuse for a governor closed the historic site last fall so the faire can't take place there this June.  Our absolute favorite of all the small faires we have ever attended.

I hope they find him guilty and throw his sorry *** in jail for the rest of his life for doing that to the faire (trying to sell Obama's seat is a triffling second compared to closing the faire).  Actually, drawing and quartering comes to mind.

Guess I don't sound like "peace, love, Woodstock" now, but they've CANCELLED the faire!!!!!
A real Surf Diva
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 

Lady Renee Buchanan

Long time bringing this thread back.  But I called the Jubilee College State Park yesterday and asked about the faire coming back in 2010.

It's not gonna happen, folks.

The man I spoke with said maybe in 2011, a big maybe, because as of now, he is the only employee at the park, and Jim, the guy who was in charge of the faire, retired.

So sad, because that was an incredibly wonderful small faire.
A real Surf Diva
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs