News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Questions

Started by Sir Smithwick, November 24, 2010, 03:10:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Smithwick

I know that this is a little late but the stars and moon have aligned and our small group are coming up this weekend.  But have a couple of questions regarding camping.  It sounds like there has been more thefts than usuall.  What I am concerned about mostly is if thieves are just stealing cooler's that are left out or are they taking fire pits tiki torches or tents themselves <I know this happen once about 3 seasons ago>.  Also need to know if the burn ban is still in effect.  I put my foot through my fire pit cover during the great northern at Sherwood in march.  That was a cold day but its looking like this weekend will be colder buuurrr upper 20's Friday night.  Hope everyone stays warm and that the rum or your favorite adult beverage flows the whole weekend.   HUZZAH

Lady Rosaline

As far as I have heard, it is mainly coolers, small items, etc ( and one generator) that were not secured. Please correct me if I am wrong, but I haven't heard of tiki torches, fire pits or tent comming up missing/stolen recently. 
I'm the reason the rum is gone! (Unless Teach is near by!)

Sir Smithwick

The tent that was stolen was 3 years ago.  As for the tiki torches mine are metal and are pretty nice so did not want then to have legs and walk off.  Do you know if fire pits will need a cover because I put my foot through mine.

KiltedPrivateer

It seems every year I lose one tiki torch to walking away.  I have no idea why. I only bring the cheapy bamboo style, yet one always walks away.  Perhaps someone needed some extra light to find their way back to camp (o:
Member of Clan Procrastination
Crew of the Procrastinator
Lover of Lady Kitara

Laird Fraser of Lovatt

Quote from: Sir Smithwick on November 24, 2010, 05:44:57 PM
The tent that was stolen was 3 years ago.  As for the tiki torches mine are metal and are pretty nice so did not want then to have legs and walk off.  Do you know if fire pits will need a cover because I put my foot through mine.

There was a tent snatched last year, Opening weekend.
Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh
Alba gu brath
Laird of Dunans Castle
Warrior Poet/Loki God

irish

Now if I was camping, I would use a big bold black marker and write on any item ~
'Stolen from_____________. A fellow Renni!"
Just big enough so it was noticible.
irish~ren ~
Cruise Director ~
Clan O'Doinn (Sterling) ~
Irish Penny Brigade (New York)