Kingdom Of Glenlivet > Queen Bonnie's Realm

Do our Ren personalties reflect the animals that own us?

(1/2) > >>

DT_Masters:
We've had a post about royal felines, are there those with capital canines? Or those who are owned by both such as moi? Or other fine members of the Animal kingdom?

Does how we are owned reflect somewhat how we are at Ren Fests? In part, yes at least. I own a Forester and I got it because so much of my life involves hauling cargo which includes pet taxis. Ie, a car bought because it fulfills the requirements of the mission, not just because it was this or that kind of car.

But to me, if one is a true dog person, then they like being outside in the elements, a quality similar to Ren Fests. And while we can't take Rover with us inside, we may have some vision of roaming the forests with Rover or packs of Rovers as our guides, guardians, protectors, friends.

As cat people, we know not to run free but to conserve our energy, to look calm, relaxed, even nonchalant as the world runs on buy. We view the world from on high. Hence, when we come across visions such as

we think little of it because such is like the panther in the tree, seeing the world from above.

Or perhaps we see ourselves as one with the forest, understanding creatures great and small, so we assume a character, a representation, of such a personalty.

You think?

Lady Mikayla of Phoenicia:
Great topic!  I would say yes.  I have found 2 faires that will take canines.  My avatar is of Gio and I at NCRF this past Spring and we are heading to GLMF for opening weekend.  3 of the 4 traveled to Tennessee this past weekend so I could attend Rendezvous, thanks to Lady Dracolich, Lord Devlin and Molden for their help! 

I found it rather challenging to find a home just perfect for our needs however once we did, we knew it was the place for us.  The white dog is a Dalmation/Greyhound mix which in England would be considered a Lurcher and the other 3 are Italian Greyhounds made popular during the Italian Renaissance by Royalty and Nobility.  Mary Queen of Scots was also a fancier of the Italian Greyhound.

I do also have 2 cats, one is a very small black cat who is loaded with personality and is a great huntress.  The other is a loveable orange/white cat who loves to antagonize his sister, much like my kid brother did whilest growing up!

I love being outdoors and being surrounded by nature (much to the shagrin of the allergies).  My homesite resembles my home Faire of CRF and I absolutely love it.

Each of them have a personality all their own, interestingly as the pack spends more time together, it's interesting to see their personalities develop as well as my own.  Watching how they interact and play together is an interesting study in different needs and sociological aspects of getting along with others, be it animal or human.

fluffy tail:
Yes this is a great topic.

I had a cat for 17 years and he traveled all over with me while I was in the service. He went overseas and back with me. He was content just riding in his carrier.  He also didn't mind being left for a 5 days when I had a short TDY.  Clean water, lots of cat chow, fresh litter and blinds up so he could survey the areas, he was happy.

I now have a collie who adpoted me last year. His age is unknown but he is gentle and quiet but like me. Slow and easy yet alert to the goings on around the house. Almost lost him during the TNRF on memorial weekend because of a heat stroke. But between our neighbors (who called us to come home) and a great vet in M'boro we brought him home Monday evening after the fest.

Yes our animals do reflect who we are. From being a gypsy and take care on ones self to being quiet, gentle, reflective and calm.

Queen Bonnie:
 I guess my Regal Siamese are like me- the strays are like my Evil Twin pirate sister? LOL!

Tipsy Gypsy:
My two dogs are goofy and fun-loving, laid back, fiercely loyal, and of indeterminate heritage.

Yup!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version