News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Closest place to stay?

Started by homebru, May 03, 2010, 11:43:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

homebru

Hey all, I may be up in the area towards the end of July and thought I'd pack some ren garb and visit the faire.  Is there any place to stay (hotel, camping, someone's floor) close to the faire?  I'll be on a motorcycle so not having to ride (or ride far at least) would be a good thing at the end of the day.  TIA.

Lady Amy of York

There is a  campground located within  minutes  of  the  faire.  Can't  think of  the  name of  it  right  this  minute, but i will get  back  with  you  with  the  name..

As  for  hotels  , there are several located  in  Oswego, which is  only  a  few  minutes  away.

There is  the  Econolodge, which   has been a favorite  in the  past  for  faire  goers.  Although i stayed  there   once overnight,  and  there were bed  bugs  in  our  room.

Another  favorite for  faire  goers  is  the  Best Western Inn which is  also located in  Oswego.
Lady Amy of York/CaptainAmy of FeistyLady pirateship
Cheiftess Feisty of Clan O' Doinn
HF:Sterling

Lady Amy of York

Faire Haven  beach Sate  Park is  located  10 minutes  from the  faire.

Also if  you search  thru  the  threads/subjects  located under  the  "  Sterling " area  ,  you will  find a thread   titled " Places  to  stay "  and    there is  mention of  a few   campsites   and  hotels. :)
Lady Amy of York/CaptainAmy of FeistyLady pirateship
Cheiftess Feisty of Clan O' Doinn
HF:Sterling

homebru

Duh...I guess a search would have been a good first move.  Anyway, thanks for the info on the campground.  Oswego is a little farther (and more expensive) than I am looking for.  Hell, ideally, I'd just sleep on the bike in the parking lot of the fair, but that seems to be frowned upon in polite society, ;).

homebru

Looks like Sutters Creek Campground is the closest place to faire.  Looks like it might be the place to go. 

photomike

I can say with little fear of being wrong but I think you will be welcomed at Sutter creek. There are a lot of Rennie's that camp there. Also ask around for any of the playtrons from clan McGeek, photomike or just hang around the Falstaff pub!
Any idea as to what weekend you will be there?
*links and URLs not allowed in signature* - Admin

homebru

If I can swing it, I'll be there the weekend of July 24.  Trying like hell to make it work.  Always fun to visit a new faire.

Tygrkat

I'll second PhotoMike's endorsement of Sutters Creek; my husband and I camped there last year, and it was very nice...plenty of rennies, a great bonfire (the weekend we were there - not sure if it's a regular thing), and it was very reasonably priced. I'm not sure if we're camping again this year, but we'll stay at Sutters if we do :)
50% Endora, 50% Aunt Clara.

homebru

Good deal.  I should know if I'll be able to make it within the next few days.  It's looking like if I do come up, I will be camping at Sutters. 

Lady Lisa

SRF has an accommodations page on the website. 
Campgrounds, B&B, Hotels, etc.
The list covers a 45 mile radius of the Festival.
Hope this helps!

http://www.sterlingfestival.com/directionsmap/Accommodations/tabid/141/Default.aspx

MMario

Sterling Creek Campgrounds is also very close and has a lot of "regular" rennies.

wickedwillingwench

we booked the All Seasons Inn...any feedback on that place?  I figure I can endure (almost) anything for one night. :)