News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Clean up of MMRF Grounds

Started by Lady Gwyndolyn, June 01, 2008, 04:03:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Gwyndolyn

Saturday June 7 and Sunday June 8

9:00 am till dinner time

Bring camping gear and a plate to pass as we will be BBQing our dinner on sight.  Having a few drinks and laughs and a bon fire and then camping on the premisis.  (NO DRINKING TILL THE WORK IS DONE!!!)  Then we can get up Sunday morning and do it all again!!!  Bring any tools you think you may need.... Any and all help is appreciated and rewarded!!!  Please let me know if you will be able to assist so we have an accurate count for the food.

Thank you all so much for all of your great support, help, words of wisdom and kindness.  It has been said many times by the MMRF Partners, "This isn't a festival for one or two people, it is a festival for everyone and we want everyone to be involved in how it runs.  It is EVERYONE'S festival!!!"
Lady Gwyndolyn
Duchess of Kearsley

sealion

I'm sorry that we won't be able to make it this weekend. We have a grad party for our "unofficial foster daughter" on Saturday and a benefit dinner/dance/auction to attend on Sunday.
Cindy/Ciana Leonardi di Firenze/Captain Cin

Guinevere of Leonesse

You know we would love to help and join in the fun, but in my pregnancy condition, it will have to be a no no. I hope everything gets sorted out for you all this weekend. :)
The more you worry, the longer it will take.

Lady Gwyndolyn

We are back out on the grounds this weekend June 21 & 22 doing more clean up.  Everyone is invited to come out and check out what the grounds are going to look like.  Come and take a look around!! 
Lady Gwyndolyn
Duchess of Kearsley

MidMichiganRenFest

A group of volunteers will be out there again this weekend (the 4th of July) and again the 19th and 20th as well as the 26th and 27th.  Anyone wanting to come out even if it is just to see the grounds are more than welcome.  Just go South on  Main Street in Frankenmuth, turn East on Genesee Road (which turns into Junction and then Frankenmuth Road), follow it down about 3 - 4 miles and you will see the marquee on your left.  (As well as a few tents).  You will see an opening in the trees and that is where they will all be.  I am sure that you will see others running back and forth between the tents and the trees.  But anytime you want to stop by and check it out during those weekends, come on by!  We would love to have you come and give us your opinions and suggestions.

uhurainmi

Hi
Paul and I are finally going to show up and help on a clean up weekend. This will be our first trip to the site. We look forward to meeting up with you'all on July 19,20th.

Cindy and Paul
Fortunately, ah keep mah feathers numbered...for just such an emergency.

Lady Gwyndolyn

The Royal Stage!!!  All that is left is the back drop to be put up, the banner, and the throans (yes, we have throans!!)

The castle is going up!!! 

Lady Gwyndolyn
Duchess of Kearsley

darkranger

I wish I could help but we live very far away, and I'm trying to save money to get us there during the fair good luck, My thoughts and prays will be with you. Peace  :)
Pathfinder,,FOKTOP

Lady Gwyndolyn

The castle is almost done!!!

The bridge is looking good!!!

Another one of the stages is complete!!
Lady Gwyndolyn
Duchess of Kearsley

Cyron

I'm walking in a dream half the time, and sleeping through reality the other half.
Warning: Have camera, WILL Shoot!!

Aldwulf

nice stage seems i've seen it before lol

Jon Foster

If I didn't work so much and lived closer, I'd enjoy helping out with the new faire grounds.

What are the upcoming working schedules? Does everyone camp out in the parking area on Saturday nights? Do they tent camp or use trailers?

Jon.

Lady Gwyndolyn

We work every weekend,  Most go up on Friday night so that they can get an early start on Saturday.  We do camp on the grounds in tents.
Lady Gwyndolyn
Duchess of Kearsley

Lady Gwyndolyn

All building is DONE!!!  The castle is DONE!!  The stages are DONE!!! The garden is DONE!!!  The food court, DONE!!!  The bridge is also, DONE!!!  They do still have some grounds clean up (especially after last weekends monsoon).  But they are ready to open their gates for their first year.  Everyone is so excited around the town and are looking forward to seeing all the rennies wondering about. 
Lady Gwyndolyn
Duchess of Kearsley

Cyron

I'm walking in a dream half the time, and sleeping through reality the other half.
Warning: Have camera, WILL Shoot!!