News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Roll Call

Started by Bodharan, June 01, 2008, 10:39:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bodharan

Northern Californians

Just 4 posts here.  Where is everyone?  Colorado has a Roll Call and 400 posts!  In the interest of getting some Norcal dialog going, I hereby create this Roll Call.  If you are out there, speak up!

Bodharan

Just looking for a good hat.

Hoowil

Present and waiting to be counted!
Sacramento based.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and taste good with catsup.

Stirling

Hello...I am not Nor Cal based...Santa Barbara is my home but I will be at the Nor Cal Faire!  So the counting is now three...not two, nor four but three!

This is my first time back since the forum change over...did everyone move to the Nor Cal Tribe?
Stirling :)

cassietheig

Count me in! I'm in Lincoln, Ca and just got back from the Valhalla Ren Faire.

NorthBayDreamer

Present and accounted for sir, mark us down for 5 in attendance the 2nd weekend.  Off to the Vallejo Pirate Festival in a few hours.

Huzzah.

Lord Lisle (when a Nobel)
Horndog (when a Pirate)
Master Thomas Boddinham (when a middle)
Landshark No. 67

Arsinoe Selene

I'm in SF East Bay. I'm probably not going to NorCalRenFaire, though. Too expencive.

I just went to NorCal Pirate Fest.

callalilly

I will be there the weekend of sept. 27 can't wait. The faire in So. Lake Tahoe was great, great faire and great weather. ;D

Lady Toadflinger

Yo! Sorry I'm late, but I just now stumbled on the roll call.  I'm from the Placerville area. Just got back from Fair Oaks Tudor Fayre, and the weather was pretty good.  We left before it got too hot, and after we had spent what we could afford, on stuff we really needed. ;D I wasn't planning on attending Northern this year since our gang will be going to the Las Vegas Faire this in Oct... but I found out today that some of our gang would like to go to Northern anyway. So...maybe.  There would be six of us.
keeper of the royal menagerie

Merry

planning on going for Celtic Weekend...the weekend of the 20th.  I haven't been to this fair in ages, so looking forward to it!

JohnB

WHAT!!!!  Cant you see I am working on my beauty sleep :P

All joking aside, I think the Northern California Renaissance Faire needs to work on its net presence.  I have been to 3 of the last 5 and haven't really seen anything pointing to your web site nor these boards for that matter.  I like the others can find you easily enough through search engines and such, but if you want the masses to hook in, you got to put it in front of their faces when they are interested, aka, when they are at the faire. 

You might also want to look into hooking in with year around organizations like the Renaissance Festival Podcast http://www.renaissancefestivalmusic.com/ to try and keep up the interest year around, instead of just the three or so weeks that you are open.

Other than all that jibberish, I wouldn't mis a chance to see MWOW, I will be down sometime during the run :) 

John B.

Carl Heinz

Judy and I are planning to be there the second and third weekends along with Sparky the scooter horse. :)
Carl Heinz
Guild of St Cuthbert

Valknut

I'll be poking around as usual at Dogberry's School of Fencing http://www.dogberrys.com/ for the first 2 weekends and the last 2 weekends.

Cheers to all.
In the 19th century the problem was that God is dead. In the 20th century the problem is that man is dead. - Erich Fromm

Atlus

I will be there! My highlight of the year  ;D

Hoowil

Hitting openning weekend! Going this Saturday.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and taste good with catsup.

NorthBayDreamer

We are still planning on the 2nd weekend, however the party has grown from 5 to 9. ;)  Got hotel for Friday night and Saturday in Gilroy.

I pulled out all my garb just to check things and organize on Saturday.  I have one repair to make.

My new dagger/sword arrives TOMORROW.    One other pirate shipment due here soon.

Huzzah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lord Lisle (when a Nobel)
Horndog (when a Pirate)
Master Thomas Boddinham (when a middle)
Landshark No. 67