News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

2010 Season Entertainment

Started by Ozium, June 05, 2010, 09:02:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ozium

Went to Niagra Falls today and picked up a new pamphlet, It does not list
Empty Hats as being there although i think we know they are back. The
changes i see are Franko Master Hypnotist and Zoltan The Adequate,
love Zoltan last saw him at ORF the fast year they were open. I will be
at Sterling working over the next few weeks so we will see what else i
find out.

http://justadequate.com/zoltan.htm
Home Faire:Sterling
Clan O'Doinn-Irish Penny Brigade (New York)
Carpenter of the good ship Medusa.
Foktop Knight
Clan Vogdis

irish

ok....will John be there and Charles? Oh and Duncan?
Need a whose gonna be there, list....... :P
irish~ren ~
Cruise Director ~
Clan O'Doinn (Sterling) ~
Irish Penny Brigade (New York)

Aaroncois

It's a little disconcerting that the show opens in four weeks and the website hasn't been updated with the 2010 line-up.

Ozium

John like the Sheriff? He is onsite now, would expect Charles to be back, no idea on Duncan.
It always seem to be a last minute think to have the website updated, and it seems to be
that way every year. It's crunch time so everyone is busy getting things in order, i'm sure
it will be updated very soon.
Foktop Knight
Clan Vogdis

irish

Yea!!!!!!!!  :D
Then I will go as long as John is back...lmao!  :P
I should hope Charles will be back, too!
Not the same without them!
Well, isn't the same without Bubboon (Bill), also. :( I sure hope he and Bubbles (Jen) make an appearance this year!
Need the old gang back!
irish~ren ~
Cruise Director ~

Lady Amy of York

< Wonders why Irish knows  the sheriff  at faire  so well >

How many times  did he have to reprimand  you last year  girlfriend,  for  chasing  the kilted lads  around ?  ;D ;D ;D

Hugs ! Can't wait to see  everyone  this year at faire.
Lady Amy of York/CaptainAmy of FeistyLady pirateship
Cheiftess Feisty of Clan O' Doinn
HF:Sterling

irish

LOL! Such evil thoughts Amy!  ::)
I have known the Sheriff for over 20 years! LMAO!  ;D
irish~ren ~
Cruise Director ~

MMario

New to Sterling this year are The Harper and the Minstrel.

Well worth listening to; they have some incredible original songs....

Ozium

Foktop Knight
Clan Vogdis

irish

Ye ole` Dragon looks different!
Very pretty!
irish~ren ~
Cruise Director ~

Dustis

Hey! I'm alive~

I must say, Falstaff is weathering beautifully. Everything is in need of a good clean this week at the Shire. I'm already getting things sorted for the first day and it's not even halfway though the week.

moose

Question for anyone who may know. Certain performers haven't been back for awhile - would like to know why these folks are no longer performing in Sterling:

London Broil - they are terrific
Manolete - Peter is a great entertainer
Wolgemut - loved that music - any requests? No.........
Isaac Fawlkes - loved how he would magish for us
Paolo Garbanzo - great juggling

One of may favorite acts is Tartan Terrors (saw in PA) - they've NEVER been here.

Certainly can't be $$, at $30 a ticket!

Aaroncois

Quote from: moose on July 11, 2010, 11:42:39 AM

Given what it must cost to operate the fair year-round (even if it's only open for 7 weeks), I don't think I'd make that assumption.

Celtic_Fae

Question for anyone who may know. Certain performers haven't been back for awhile - would like to know why these folks are no longer performing in Sterling:

One of may favorite acts is Tartan Terrors (saw in PA) - they've NEVER been here.

I can answer about Paul. He's currently...mmm, let me see...in Germany with the Aerial Angels before heading back to the US. He does Pennsic, which runs opposite Sterling, and then heads to PARF.

isaacfawlkes

Thanks for the thought. I must admit I loved my stay at Sterling. So many wonderful people, cast, staff and especially the patrons.
If you are interested I will be appearing at The Pennsylvania Renaissance Fair beginning in mid August and running through the end of October. It is my understanding the Paulo Garbanzo will also be at Pa the year.

If you are in the Sterling area I will also be appearing again this year at the Skaneateles Dickens Festival in Skaneateles, NY every weekend from Thanksgiving to Christmas. It is a fantastic event produced by Scarlett Rat Entertainment, Directed by Jim Greene (Emrys Fleet) and features many of the performers from the Sterling Fair. Join us if you get a chance.
Again thank you for the nice comment and I hope to return to the Sterling Family in the near future.

Isaac Fawlkes

Sir Douglas of Waterbury

The Tartan Terrors will be proforming at Sterling's 2nd annual Sterling Celtic Rock Fest sunday Aug. 22 (only) check out the rest of the line up at Empire attractions.com and click on Sterling Celtic Rock Festival. We love all of the entertainers you have mentioned and all will be welcomed back to Sterling some time in the future.

moose

Will do - thanks for the info. It's been 2 years, and I still can't figure out how you got that $20 bill from the guy in the audience into the middle of the apple! ??? Also - I was the guy who came up to you after one of your shows at Sterling, and asked you what you thought of the TV specials where the masked magicians were explaining how all their tricks were done. Jim in Rochester, NY
Quote from: isaacfawlkes on July 11, 2010, 08:47:28 PM
Thanks for the thought. I must admit I loved my stay at Sterling. So many wonderful people, cast, staff and especially the patrons.
If you are interested I will be appearing at The Pennsylvania Renaissance Fair beginning in mid August and running through the end of October. It is my understanding the Paulo Garbanzo will also be at Pa the year.

If you are in the Sterling area I will also be appearing again this year at the Skaneateles Dickens Festival in Skaneateles, NY every weekend from Thanksgiving to Christmas. It is a fantastic event produced by Scarlett Rat Entertainment, Directed by Jim Greene (Emrys Fleet) and features many of the performers from the Sterling Fair. Join us if you get a chance.
Again thank you for the nice comment and I hope to return to the Sterling Family in the near future.

Isaac Fawlkes